Super Contributor

Need Help Neighbor Kids Vandalism

what do you do when neighbor kids vandalize your property? The cops will not do anything since I don't have it on video. Would you move?
Honored Contributor

Re: Need Help Neighbor Kids Vandalism

If you have an HOA, they can get involved to some extent, although our HOA recommends we purchase a security/video camera for our homes for these things. Costco and other places sell them, they are reasonably cheap now and easy to install. Much cheaper than moving!

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

I think they would break the camera. Then what?
Super Contributor

What type of vandalism are we talking about?

Super Contributor

Busted mirrors off of car. Now dented my garage door in. What next?
Super Contributor

On 10/18/2014 Didiville said: Busted mirrors off of car. Now dented my garage door in. What next?

I wish I had a good answer. {#emotions_dlg.unsure} The only thing I know is that it sure isn't easy to sell houses without losing money these days, so moving wouldn't be a realistic option (around here, anyway.)

Super Contributor

Just makes me highly upset. The mother could care less what her kids do. No discipline whatsoever.
Super Contributor

On 10/18/2014 Didiville said: Just makes me highly upset. The mother could care less what her kids do. No discipline whatsoever.

I hear ya. My neighborhood seems to be on the bad end of "transitioning" lately, but I'm stuck here because my house has lost almost half it's value since the market bottomed out.

Respected Contributor

Yikes! Can you install a camera where they can't get to it? Maybe someone on the board has done this

Stay calm and be sneaky. If you are going to film or going to the police, keep cool about it. I have had bad neighbors and they can can drive you nuts, but don't let them see you sweat until you can make them sweat.

Super Contributor

my post would be removed if i told you what I would do. I can tell you it involves buying A BASSO THROW AND PILLOW and sleeping in my car. I would honestly do this as long as it took and God help ME when I caught them.

If you cannot stay in your car can you locate a well trusted kid and cook and pay him a small fee to sleep in the car and CATCH THEM -Or photo them ..I am old enough to take different measures but a kid who is willing . Or a grown up....P.S i DO NOT CONDONE PUTING ANOTHER KID IN DANGER- SORRY Get an adult.

Do not mess with my property WARNING