Esteemed Contributor
Just wondered if anyone that has ordered "as is" items had a problem or was the item fine? Ordered the Bethlehem lights woodland tree that popped up today and I have been waiting so long to get the chance to order it now wonder if it will be alright when I get it. Debating on getting it now....would love feedback from those that have purchased "as is" items.
Honored Contributor

I have purchased some "as is" items, mostly kitchen goods. It really is a chance. Some has been nicer than a full price product, others have been broken or incomplete. The great thing about it is that Q will still honor a return for 30 days, and if it is broken, I have gotten them to even pay the return shipping.

My advice would be to set it up, and make sure it works for a number of days or weeks. I'm not sure, but I'd also noticed that they should be covered by the "return till January 31st" policy that is on right now, but call customer service to be sure.

Valued Contributor

I have had good luck with as is items- and have not sent one item back. Which BL Woodland tree popped up? I am looking for a 6' multi one. Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Of about 20-25 'as is' purchases, I only sent 1 back...a set of VPH MG spheres. I have several sets and half of them are 'as is'.

I have bought several VPH items, a set of Rachel Ray rustica stoneware, and several Dooney & Bourke handbags...all 'as is' Smile

Honored Contributor
The way I look at is what's the worst thing that could happen. If it was defective, it would cost me 20 minutes of time packing it up and taking it to the post office. I mainly buy as is. 99% success rate. I buy clothing and home decor.
Esteemed Contributor

I have ordered just one item and it was perfect. You still have the 30 day guarantee with the as is. I hope you enjoy your purchase.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

I have ordered a lot of As Is items and returned only a couple. I have about the same success with as is as I do with regular priced merchandise. I just got the set of three Velvet Pumpkins today in As Is and they are in good condition, just need a little glue on the stems that have loosened. Not a problem. I love to shop the As Is section.

Honored Contributor

All have been like new, but a set of mercury glass pedestals, so returned them, but the other "as is" were fine.

Trusted Contributor
I just recently started purchasing 'As Is' items and have had 100% success, which is about 50% more success than I've had with purchasing full price items. Go for it. You can send it back if you don't love it.
Esteemed Contributor
Thank you All for your replies, I am going to take the chance, love this tree and not sure if it will ever come back into stock