Honored Contributor

Someone pass the kleenex box! {#emotions_dlg.crying}

I just bought the new CD...HAD to get it when he did the duet with John Denver (I'm 54). Of coarse I had Barry Manilow albums too!

I remember when I cried when John Denver died years ago and I owned all of his albums. I can't wait to get the CD...all the duets are with artists DH and I enjoy...should be wonderful Smile

Honored Contributor

Re: The Barry Manilow Show...

I'm surprised I am enjoying this because I had reservations about singing with the departed, but it's actually quite good.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

The music seems to sound good....I love to improve my appearance through all means including plastic surgery...but did PS cause his change in appearance??

I'm not trying to be ""funny"" I'm not a big follower of him so I don't know...the history of this person.

Super Contributor

Yes, I think we can safely say "PS" caused a change in his appearance. Wow.

Still a "Fanilow" though!

Honored Contributor

On 10/17/2014 valeriecherish said:

Yes, I think we can safely say "PS" caused a change in his appearance. Wow.

Still a "Fanilow" though!

Me too {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

He has had way too much plastic surgery!!

My daughter was a big Barry Manilow fan and for her 12th birthday I took her to see him at the Greek Theater in LA. She was thrilled and he put on a really good show.

Super Contributor

I'm a big JD fan too and also had my share of Barry albums in the 70's. I loved the Everly Brothers melody they did together on one of Barry's TV specials. John would have been 70 so I'm guessing Barry is around the same age. I Just can't take my eyes off his face tho!!
Honored Contributor

On 10/17/2014 TeachRsPet said: I'm a big JD fan too and also had my share of Barry albums in the 70's. I loved the Everly Brothers melody they did together on one of Barry's TV specials. John would have been 70 so I'm guessing Barry is around the same age. I Just can't take my eyes off his face tho!!

He is 71

I looked it up

Contributor

i also replied to another thread about Mr. Manilow. It bothers me how people focus on his appearance and not his abilites and what he has done to bring hapiness to many people.

I am lucky enough to have Barry Manilow as my neighbor and he is the nicest and most pleasant person ever. He donates much time, energy and money to suppot events in Palm Springs. I do not care how he looks outside I care about what a good and giving man he is.

Contributor

On 10/17/2014 sdcowboy said:

i also replied to another thread about Mr. Manilow. It bothers me how people focus on his appearance and not his abilites and what he has done to bring hapiness to many people.

I am lucky enough to have Barry Manilow as my neighbor and he is the nicest and most pleasant person ever. He donates much time, energy and money to suppot events in Palm Springs. I do not care how he looks outside I care about what a good and giving man he is.

Thanks for sharing your personal story about Mr. Manilow. I always got the impression from watching him on television that he would be a nice person, so thanks for confirming my thoughts. I agree and also wish that so much of the conversation about him wasn't devoted to what he has or hasn't done to himself. Love his music and his spirit.