Honored Contributor

What is the most important feature (to you) in a flameless candle?

Lots of sadness/frustration with the Luminara brand gone missing from Q has me wondering, just which feature(s) are most important to you when choosing a flameless candle.

Is it battery life, or that it have a realistic flame? Does one of those fake flame light bulbs make you say no? Is brand name most important? Color? Size? Scrolled or glittered or in a jar most important?

I have lots of brands, including Home Reflections, Candle Impressions, Luminara, and some generic things bought out in brick and mortar stores. The things I consider most important are the look (colors and textures) and battery life. For that reason, if I was restricted to just one brand, I'd have to pick Candle Impressions, but the Luminara are a close second.

Super Contributor

Re: What is the most important feature (to you) in a flameless candle?

I am tempted to look at one of Hsn designers who is featured today or at midnight for the TSV on a group with remote. I always buy real but these look nice,and never having them is a second reason. If the flame looks fake I will not like them.

Valued Contributor

I only purchase CANDLE IMPRESSIONS ... all others did not meet my expectations. Love the vanilla scented ones!

Valued Contributor

Timer! Then battery life. I know I'm in the minority but I actually didn't care for the flame of the luminara brand or how every candle was shaped the same. Like every candle you burned burned exactly the same way and the same amount.
Honored Contributor

On 10/16/2014 Cardamom said: Timer! Then battery life. I know I'm in the minority but I actually didn't care for the flame of the luminara brand or how every candle was shaped the same. Like every candle you burned burned exactly the same way and the same amount.

Oh yes! timer! How could I forget about a timer? I won't own one or use one without a timer, because I'd burn out the batteries every time. I'd never remember to shut them off. Great feature, NECESSARY feature.

Honored Contributor

I love Luminara candles because they are closest in appearance to real candles. I have Candle Impressions and the battery life is good but to me, the black wick looks like a candle that is not burning, not one that is lit. If Luminara can continue to improve the battery life, and be more competitive pricewise, that will be what I'll use. I have to have the timers.

Respected Contributor

I want it ALL!! They're not cheap.

Honored Contributor

timer

Honored Contributor

Well, first it must have a timer. After that, I like one that resembles a real burning candle. And I like a nice scent, vanilla for cold weather months, lilac for warm months.

Honored Contributor

I was able to pick up 3 C batteries at the Dollar store yesterday. 3 for $1- I am thinking they won't last long but I only need them to work for 7 months so hopefully they are at least that good. If they aren't - heck it was only $1.