Regular Contributor

Need Gift Ideas for Ladies at Church........................

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting here. I'm trying to start some of my holiday projects early this year. So, I was hoping you ladies could share some ideas for a little gift for the ladies at church for CHRISTmas. I am looking to go as cost effective as possible. I really look forward to your feed back. I get so excited this time of year! Thanks, and hope you all have a Blessed Day!

Super Contributor

Re: Need Gift Ideas for Ladies at Church........................

Peetie- how many ladies are in your church ? Is it the whole church or a ladies group.

Super Contributor

If you are only making a purchase for a few people and you have a Vera outlet nearby, you can often pick up really nice accessory items for around the $10 mark.
Respected Contributor

When you say ""holiday projects"" are you talking about craft projects? Are you looking to buy or make?

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

This, of course, is just my opinion on gift giving: I would prefer not to receive Christmas items (decorations, etc). It seems like this is often times the choice when gals are looking for gifts such as you describe. Partly because Christmas is pretty much over when they are received and partly because most of us are trying to scale down. I would search for something "kind of" personal such as body butters or items for a nice bubbly bath.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

I always enjoy receiving L'Occitane items. They have such nice scents and are special. There's a TSV tonight and two one-hour shows during the day. Even though the TSV comes in four boxes, you could use one item from each box as a gift. The TSV price is $79, but dividing the items up should come to about $10@. They should also have hand creams in multiple packs you could break up online & in the shows.
Regular Contributor

Are you looking for ideas on something to make or something to buy?

Honored Contributor

i walk with a cane when I go on my nightly walks because I can sometimes be unsteady. I recently bought a little wristlet called a gadget bag on Amazon from the Bella Taylor line. what is special about it is - it has a large lobster claw type clamp on it that I could attach to my cane and now i carry my phone, some kleenex and a few dollars in there. Anyway - it was only $4 and if you buy it in with other purchases you may get free S&H from amazon. so if any of your friends use a cane you may consider this.

Regular Contributor

On 10/8/2014 BOYINTX said:

Peetie- how many ladies are in your church ? Is it the whole church or a ladies group.

There is about 25. We are not a large church.

Regular Contributor

On 10/8/2014 benzgirl said: If you are only making a purchase for a few people and you have a Vera outlet nearby, you can often pick up really nice accessory items for around the $10 mark.

Unfortunately, we do not have a Vera outlet. But, thanks for the suggestion!