Trusted Contributor

Fall Has Arrived in the South!

Those of you who live in four season climates probably do not think anything about this, but I am excited!

I woke up this morning and there is a chill in the air! In S. FL, this is a big deal and everyone gets excited! When it is hot and humid 99% of the time, it is nice to have a real change.

Time to break out the Duraflames ... ( not really)!

Respected Contributor

Re: Fall Has Arrived in the South!

Lol! Agree with you! I'm in the Carolina's and it's chilly!
Respected Contributor

Go ahead, rub it in! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in the beautiful state of NC and it's been chilly for the last two days (almost cold last night), and it feels wonderful! I hate NC summers--SO hot and humid--and love cold weather and snow! I need to move......{#emotions_dlg.unsure}Smile

Honored Contributor

I woke up in Tampa FL today and thought I was back in NJ! I don't know how to act a fall breeze no humidity and opened the sliders -- it feels wonderful!!!! Ahhhhhh if only it lasts!
Respected Contributor

On 10/5/2014 kittymomNC said:

I'm in the beautiful state of NC and it's been chilly for the last two days (almost cold last night), and it feels wonderful! I hate NC summers--SO hot and humid--and love cold weather and snow! I need to move......{#emotions_dlg.unsure}Smile

Me too! The last two summers haven't been too bad. No 100 degree heat. I hate the humidity! I turned my heat on this morning.
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/5/2014 makeup addict said:
On 10/5/2014 kittymomNC said:

Me too! The last two summers haven't been too bad. No 100 degree heat. I hate the humidity! I turned my heat on this morning.

C'mon up! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

We had hail yesterday and it was 35 degrees last nite.

No duraflame here, it' only mimics the real thing most of us have. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

It's delightful here in Louisiana also. Yesterday was one of the most beautiful days I can recall. The temp didn't go above 73 and there was the loveliest gentle breeze all day. Not a cloud in the sky. This morning the temp was 59 outside - not enough time to berate it all in!

Tomorrow we climb back into the high 80, but the last couple of days have given us all hope that soon we will have some cooler weather. Thanks, God!

Respected Contributor

Snow puppy, it was in the low 80s Friday. This morning in the 50's. Smiley Happy. Going to be in the high 70's this week. Our winters usually are not bad, but we get ice now instead of snow. I remember getting snow when I was a kid in NC; its a rarity now.
Honored Contributor

39 degrees this morning in southern WV.