Honored Contributor

Review of H203547 Sugared Fruit Pillars

They are very pretty, and the good news is that the bow is attached separately to the pillar, so can easily be snipped off. The bow is smaller than it looked online, with long tails.

Honored Contributor

Re: Review of H203547 Sugared Fruit Pillars

mousiegirl, I'm glad you're happy with the fruit pillars. I didn't decide to order in time and they sold out. I'll have to make my own.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the information on the construction of the pillars, Mousiegirl.

I finally found some pictures of the sugared fruit items that I bought from Valerie in the past and the colors are quite different from these new items, so I won't be buying this time.

Honored Contributor

On 10/1/2014 lucymo said:

mousiegirl, I'm glad you're happy with the fruit pillars. I didn't decide to order in time and they sold out. I'll have to make my own.

lucymo - if I were capable, I would make my own also, but I am the type who can be very creative with things others have made, but not make my own crafts.

Honored Contributor

On 10/1/2014 mousiegirl said:

lucymo - if I were capable, I would make my own also, but I am the type who can be very creative with things others have made, but not make my own crafts.

I see a lot of the pillars with a similar shape at charity stores so they can be cleaned and painted. I have a lot of sugared fruit that I could use. I'm sure if you look at yours you could do your own as well. I'll go looking for the pillars (all be gone now) and go from there. I love to do crafts but lately have decided it's easier to just buy them. Getting old and lazy. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the review. Mine should be arriving any day. This will be perfect for my kitchen during the holidays.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

On 10/1/2014 twopeas said:

Thank you for the review. Mine should be arriving any day. This will be perfect for my kitchen during the holidays.

I am planning to put mine in the kitchen also. I hope you love your pillars.

Honored Contributor

On 10/1/2014 mousiegirl said:

I see a lot of the pillars with a similar shape at charity stores so they can be cleaned and painted. I have a lot of sugared fruit that I could use. I'm sure if you look at yours you could do your own as well. I'll go looking for the pillars (all be gone now) and go from there. I love to do crafts but lately have decided it's easier to just buy them. Getting old and lazy. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I can relate. I once thought I would attempt to make a wreath so priced everything I would need, at Michael's, and found it was less expensive to buy one.