Regular Contributor

Just recently had a bathroom remodel and Delta Windmere oil rubbed bronze faucets and fixtures are what were put in. Can anybody tell me what is safe to use on these to clean them as I don't want to mess up the finish. I know they aren't the real deal, but I still don't want to mess them up. I would like to know of something that is a disinfectant type cleaner you can use as I want to get rid of the germs and bacteria too, not just clean them. So any help is appreciated. Thanks, Susie

Super Contributor

Your thread caught my eye because I'm shopping for new faucets. Anyway this is from the Delta website:

Always blot dry any water from faucet surface. Allowing water to evaporate on the surface can lead to build up of mineral deposits. Cleaning with a damp non-abrasive sponge and buffing it dry with a clean soft cloth should help keep your product looking beautiful. To remove water spots, use warm water and a soft, damp cloth. Hard water stains may be removed using a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water. Make certain that you rinse thoroughly with water afterward.

If additional cleaning is required, all of our finishes may be cleaned with the following household cleaners: Formula 409® Antibacterial All Purpose Cleaner, Fantastik® All Purpose Cleaner, or Windex® Original Glass Cleaner, when used according to the manufacturers' instructions for use.

Avoid using the following which can damage your finish:

• Avoid industrial cleaners and abrasive cleaners, such as those used for toilet bowls, green Scotch-Brite heavy duty scrub sponges, Scrubbing Bubbles Bathroom Cleaner and Lysol Basin Tub, Soft Scrub, and Tile Cleaner.
  • Avoid products that state on the label that they remove tarnish and rust, and those containing hydrofluoric, hydrochloric and/or phosphoric acids and caustic agents.
  • Avoid harsh abrasives or polishes
  • Avoid bleach-based cleaners

Read more: http://www.deltafaucet.com/customersupport/faq/cleaning+and+care/index.html#ixzz3EpfccY9C