Esteemed Contributor

Are you seeing lots of them now? What do you do?

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

Hi!

We are in the NE and we typically start seeing them mid-September through the end of October. Knock wood, we have never had an infestation, but I would say that at the height of our Stink Bug time I can see 2-4 per day.

Others we know that live not far from us, around some different tree species and such, have gotten infestations where they've had to call an exterminator. I simply catch the little stinkers (or make my DH do it) and flush them or put them outside.

Esteemed Contributor
They are all over here. I couldn't even go out today when I had plans because of them. Must have killed dozens today. They're driving me nuts!!
Honored Contributor

I'm in the metro DC area and (thankfully!) haven't seen any yet this year. Probably hasn't gotten cold enough for them to want to come inside. Luckily, I'm not usually plagued with any sort of an infestation. Just an occasional couple here and there from time to time.

Respected Contributor

As I sit here typing this I'm also looking at one crawling on my screen, outside. Last year I saw very few. This year I've seen more, but nothing I would call an infestation. Knock on wood! Oops there's another one!!

Esteemed Contributor
On 9/27/2014 Krimpette said:

I'm in the metro DC area and (thankfully!) haven't seen any yet this year. Probably hasn't gotten cold enough for them to want to come inside. Luckily, I'm not usually plagued with any sort of an infestation. Just an occasional couple here and there from time to time.

I'm in the DC area also and they're all over the place here. It's horrible!!
Respected Contributor

I've been seeing at least 5 or 6 a day crawling on my screens. They torment my kitties! They've been seriously bad for years around my daughter's house, though luckily not many get inside. It's really crazy though to try and get in and out of the house without letting any of the suckers inside!

Honored Contributor

We are leaving for Florida in a few days - thank goodness we don't have them there. In the last 2 days I have seen about 4 of them - always glad to get away from them! The first year we camped here there were tons of them - it was horrid. When we got home they were in our luggage and I even found one in a USB port of the computer. Last year we moved to a different section of the campground and had way less of them.

Respected Contributor
Yesterday I deposited one and flushed it away. We've had a two- step outside spraying service for the last four years ( outside Phila. ) and each year the number decreases. I calendar how many I float away. I doubt that the house will ever be totally free of them.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

I was curious to know. I had my French doors open yesterday and a congregation formed in the sitting room. They met their maker, the vacuum. When I can, I shoo them back out but this would have been like herding cats. I was not displeased to see several caught up in a spider's web on the porch.

Cogito ergo sum