Contributor

I know that Longaberger baskets totally tanked in value but I was surprised to see them at a garage sale today for 3.00 and up I got a larger one with the plastic liner for 5.00 saw the stair basket for 10.00. I also got 4 vintage fiesta plates and 4 bowls for 5.00

Esteemed Contributor

You got some nice deals. The baskets may be 'tanked' in value but they still have their charm. When trends change, baskets will again have their value return.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I have quite a few of the baskets....I use most of them and enjoy them in my home. You got some great deals today!

Contributor
I had an opportunity to visit Longaberger in July. My family lives there. My family said that the business sure isn't what it used to be, but it was very interesting! Nice store, still high prices! A lot of folks buying though!
Esteemed Contributor

I use to have quite an extensive collection of them....now I am down to just a few...I gave all of mine to my dil....

OP you got really good deals...when I think of the money I spent...wow...everything was ala carte when buying the basket...the plastic liner...the cloth liner and a lid...one basket I paid $100.00 for just the lid...way back when....and that was on e-bay....

Honored Contributor

You had a GREAT day!

What fantastic finds...please make sure to use them and enjoy them too.

Honored Contributor

You did GREAT! Although they lost their popular pricing, they will come back. As an ex Antique Dealer I've seen the popularity of all kinds of things make a large circle and come back into popularity, so enjoy them, keep them and when you see them start spiking, ~then~ sell them!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*