Honored Contributor

I always order Full size. Why should I pay what a King size or Calif. King is paying. I really think they need to make a change with pricing. This goes for bedsheets, comforters, duvets, etc. Is there anyone else fed up?

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor
What if you ordered a queen or king, I would think it would work as a bedspread.
Honored Contributor

I think the point was that you pay the same for a twin or full as you do for a Cal King. They do that with sheets too on QVC and HSN. I know it makes the Cal King people happy, but seems a lot then to pay for a twin with one pillow case.

Respected Contributor

Don't understand why this is a big deal. There are many, many places that sell full size sheets cheaper than king. You aren't obligated to purchase sheets from a retailer that charges the same for all sheet sizes. I imagine the shopping channels buy in such bulk, that a twin costs them the same as a Calif King. They add their mark up and because it's easier, they charge one price.

Honored Contributor
On 9/26/2014 brandiwine said:

Don't understand why this is a big deal. There are many, many places that sell full size sheets cheaper than king. You aren't obligated to purchase sheets from a retailer that charges the same for all sheet sizes. I imagine the shopping channels buy in such bulk, that a twin costs them the same as a Calif King. They add their mark up and because it's easier, they charge one price.

I purchase my bed items elsewhere but QVC & HSN price this way. Pottery Barn prices by size which it should be. No big deal, just a fact.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Fullsize bedding might actually cost as much as queen to produce because so much less of it is being produced. I'm not sure when it happened, but some mattress companies even price queen beds less than full ones because of volume controls. And for a few years now, I've noticed sheet sales that don't include full sizes - just queen and king.

As someone who needs the fullsize for my apartment, this is not a change I'm happy with. I'll pay an extra few dollars for a sheet set because I really don't want to have to find a new apartment - or worse, sleep in a twin bed like a little girl!

Honored Contributor
It's usually the cheaper linens that sell sets that are the same price for all sizes. I don't buy them. Price is not the only downside.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The only time I resent this pricing is when I have to purchase a twin! So I guess I understand your feelings. I have a queen as the primary bed. Guest bed is a twin, and I buy at Overstock,or somewhere when buying that size.

When I look at QVC pricing on sheets, the prices are pretty good on full to Calking. I might get slammed for saying this, but QVC used to have the best sheets. The quality was unsurpassable! Not so much the last few years. They are undependable. One set might be good, and another horrible. I just quit trying and went elsewhere

I just donated about 7 sets of flannel and cotton sheets I bought at QVC almost 20 years ago. We changed mattress thickness a few years ago and cannot use them. They were the best sheets ever, so soft, no pelling. Like new, but cozier!

Honored Contributor

I buy King bedding and I think it is great. Seriously, though, I so infrequently buy any bedding that I don't mind at all buying the best quality I can because I know it is a 20 year investment.