Super Contributor

How often do you wash your bath mats?

I have one infront of my sink and one infront of my tub. The one in front of the sink tends to get dirty faster so I wash that one about once a week or more. The one infront of the tub gets washed about every two weeks. What about you?

Honored Contributor

Re: How often do you wash your bath mats?

Bi-weekly

Honored Contributor

We have a bathmat in front of our shower. I wash it once a week or maybe twice if I remember. Bathroom rugs in front of the two sinks and tub. They get washed way less often.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I wash the ones from the bathroom once a week when I wash all of the towels. The one that is in front of the patio door gets washed when it looks dirty.

Honored Contributor

Weekly, more if necessary (normally it isn't necessary).

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

At least once a week. I had a white throw rug in the master bath. That was a real eye opener. It got dirty so fast. The only difference between that and my other bath rugs was that it was easier to see. Now I wash all throw rugs very frequently.
Honored Contributor

Every week when i do the laundry.

Super Contributor

I don't have bath mats in either of my bathrooms. I think of them as bacteria catchers and mold magnets, although I know they are neither as long as you wash them regularly.

It's just one of those "weirdo" things I can't get past, lol! {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Guests in my home are always surprised by my lack of bath mats. "Don't you leave wet footprints everywhere? Isn't it dangerous to get out of the shower with wet feet?"

I avoid this by wiping each foot off with my towel as I exit the tub. So I never touch the floor with wet feet. It works just as well! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor

No bath mats. We step out of shower on today's clothes or used towel, which goes into laundry immediately.

Super Contributor

I just use a towel, then into the wash it goes!