Respected Contributor

VPH S/3 Pretty In Plaid Trees

I received my trees yesterday; I ordered both the silver & the multi. I couldn't decide which color & I also wanted to make sure if one set was damaged, I would have at least one good set. I must be getting smarter in my old age; my strategy of getting at least one good set proved me right. It's never a good sign when you pick up the box & you hear "rattling" before I even got it opened. Both sets are stunning. The multi is going back. The blue plaid tree was broken; pieces of blue glass & the battery compartment was completely loose & hanging on by one wire while the other wires were detached. The silver set is perfect except the battery cover is completely missing on one tree, I'll just take the cover off one of the multi trees. I might call CS to give me an adjustment on the multi set. I also have the silver finials that without question will be beautiful with the silver plaid trees. I'm testing the timer function now so I'll report back if there any issues. I hope any of you who got these trees have good luck. They are amazing when lit!
Trusted Contributor

Re: VPH S/3 Pretty In Plaid Trees

Hi BTS,

Sorry to hear that you received a damage set of the plaid trees but glad that the gold and silver are wonderful. That would have been my choice had I ordered but couldn't figure out a place I would put them. I thought they were beautiful when lit during the presentation.

Hope the battery life is good for you.

JPC

Honored Contributor

It is sad and pitiful when multiple sets are ordered to make a good set. I am glad that you are happy with your purchase. Valerie and QVC should be ashamed though in my opinion,
Respected Contributor

What is with all of the breakage? It's not just QVC. Lately, almost everything I've purchased from eBay has arrived broken and they've been shipped by the post office, by UPS and by Fed Ex, so it's not just one carrier either. Weird.

I'm glad your silver and gold set was nice at least and that you were able to scavenge a battery cover from the broken set.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the info...so glad I canceled my order before it shipped. I would be interested in knowing how long the batteries last since they stay on constant (even on a timer mode...in other words, they don't have a flicker/fade mode, so the battery life is much shorter than say the mercury spheres).

Respected Contributor

Tissyanne, I'm sure the bashers will be posting soon on the " getting smarter in my old age" comment because I did order 2 sets; it ain't my first rodeo. However, I love VPH & when she gets it right, it is worth it to me. You are 100% correct about the quality control. Marsha, I could not agree with you more; the 2 tree boxes were inside this gargantuous box with no filler to keep the boxes from banging around in that huge box. I too have had shipping issues with other vendors as well. JPC & SL, I' ll report back when I get a track rcord. I think you are on to something about the battery life being affected staying on constant as opposed to action.
Frequent Contributor

Wanted to say upfront that I wish I'd thought to order several of the tree sets just to combine to get one hopefully perfect set --you ladies are way smarter than I am!

Just opened my packages of the 3 trees and the 3 packages.

Trees: The silver/gold trees are especially beautiful, whether lit or unlit, but the largest was broken at its base in the package. And sold out, so I can't replace. Just now noticed that the smallest tree has about 1/2 the lights as the other two, so is not as bright and sparkly. The middle one's lights blink every time I set it down, so wondering if the lights will be a potential problem, and just eventually not light up at all. Ironically the broken one still has a working battery/lights pack, tho shattered in 4-5 pieces at the base. Bottom line: a different problem with all three trees!{#emotions_dlg.bored}

Not hard to guess why it was broken--too close to the edge of the Styrofoam packaging, and too close to the outer brown carton, which seems much too flimsy to me to really protect mercury glass.This is not the first time that inferior packaging has ruined a VPH product.

Packages:The silver/gold packages are a little cheap looking unlit, but lovely when illuminated. They compliment the trees perfectly.

I would never take a chance and send any of these items directly to a friend--I feel I must do my own "cali-girl quality control" on them first , and then repackage more securely. So added shipping costs if sending as a gift.

Don't know if I'll keep the trees---so wish they were perfect! I would have propped up the broken one somehow, but wisely decided to test the other 2 . Could keep them unlighted, but the whole point is to have them be illuminated!!!!

So disappointed...

Super Contributor

thanks for the info

Honored Contributor

When I first saw these trees on Valerie's FB page I just had to have the Silver & Gold ones. But, I kept looking and decided that I really have too many trees already so didn't order. I'm glad that I didn't now, but they are beautiful. I can see how the MG items would break in transit as they are very delicate. BTS, enjoy the set that you have.

Respected Contributor

Mine are scheduled to arrive tonight. I've had really bad luck with Q holiday items, so I'm crossing my fingers. One problem is that I'm on the West Coast- by the time my items arrive UPS has demolished them.

The other problem is just plain poor quality control- over & over.