Honored Contributor

Beautiful pictures of white pumpkins

I found this on Facebook and just had to share ........................

Super Contributor

Re: Beautiful pictures of white pumpkins

i LOVE white pumpkins!!! my kroger's sells them every year. i like the faux better though!

Esteemed Contributor

Very nice! I love all the ideas that were shown on that page.

Honored Contributor

I love white pumpkins. I love using them outside too They ""glow"" at night.
Honored Contributor

photo 00fb010a-2507-4bfa-900f-c16b67c0f4cd_zps91e8968e.jpgRemember these that QVC sold a few years ago? They are a little off white but I too like white pumpkins. Thanks, Hooty, those are pretty pictures.

Honored Contributor

Don't laugh but I always found white pumpkins to be spooky. They make me shiver. You saw beauty in those pictures.....I thought eeewwwwwww. We had a next door neighbor who decorated her front porch and stairs with white pumpkins and squashes. I hated driving by them, so I would drive all around the block to get off my street, just so I wouldn have to pass her house. I always loved it when she took her fall stuff down and put the Christmas stuff up.

Valued Contributor

I love white pumpkins SO much that we planted a patch this year, half orange (for my DH) and half white for me. My DH has farming in his blood so he did all the planting etc. and we just picked the first ones yesterday. Got 1 lg. orange, 2 med. orange, and 3 sm. white ones. They're so cute! There are about a dozen more growing and still some tiny ones setting on. They have been fun to watch.

Honored Contributor

On 9/25/2014 chrystaltree said:

Don't laugh but I always found white pumpkins to be spooky. They make me shiver. You saw beauty in those pictures.....I thought eeewwwwwww. We had a next door neighbor who decorated her front porch and stairs with white pumpkins and squashes. I hated driving by them, so I would drive all around the block to get off my street, just so I wouldn have to pass her house. I always loved it when she took her fall stuff down and put the Christmas stuff up.

That's funny, chrystaltree. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

Spooky? I think more of shabby chic, I'm glad you all enjoyed the pictures as much as I did!

Honored Contributor

The pics were very pretty.

I don't use white because they look washed out as our siding is white.

However, I don't buy the (typical) orange ones either. They clash with the awnings which are yellow and white striped.

I always go for the pinkish colored ones. For some reason, they look great with the front yard plantings which take on different colorings in the fall.