Valued Contributor

I have been wanting this lantern for the longest time. I finally bought one this morning on Ebay in the bronze color. I'm excited to get it especially with all the Luminara products up in the air right now.

Honored Contributor

Good for you!

Trusted Contributor

Glad you snagged the lantern mallemo. Always happy when things turn out.

Enjoy your new lantern

JPC

Honored Contributor

I have that lantern in ivory. It is very pretty...the only negative is the battery life could be better. The batteries last longer than the original Luminara Lanterns (wood) I purchased 3-4 years ago. I think you will be happy with it. I have had mine in my Powder Room for over 2 years.

Esteemed Contributor

I remember that one, mallemo. I like it, too. I'm glad you could find it in the taller 18" height. I also liked the two different Middleton lanterns, but never ordered either of them.

http://www.qvc.com/Bethlehem-Lights-14.5-Middleton-Lantern-with-Candle-&-Timer.product.H199088.html?...

Valued Contributor

Glad you were able to find that lantern in that big, beautiful size, Mallemo. It's a nice design, for sure! SHOPR, I like the one you posted a link for as well. It's a shame that there is nothing to look at in this dept on the Q website. All the BL lanterns with luminara candles have either been removed or are sold out. A real pity.

I found this one on the bay and purchased it a few days ago. I have this lantern in bronze already and like it. Mine may have some candle problems though. I think the batteries I have in mine are good, but the candle won't light. I need to get some new batteries this weekend and see if my bronze one has died, or if it is just the batteries.

Honored Contributor

SHOPR, That Middleton Lantern is so pretty. I don't remember ever seeing it. I have a thing for lanterns and have several around my home in and out. I am going to keep an eye out for that one on EB.

Trusted Contributor

Hi rosehill,

Love that lantern you ordered. It is so different from any I have seen. Hope you get the bronze one going and that your new one works out for you.

Thanks for sharing

JPC

Respected Contributor

Mallemo, I've had one of those lanterns on a small table on either side of my front door ever since they were offered as a TSV a few years ago. I raised them up on books to give them a better height. I don't always keep batteries in them because batteries only last about a month, but I love the way they look. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed mine.

Respected Contributor
What a find mallemo! I would love to have one like that. You'll have a blast working it in with your decor. You have endless possibilities & I hope you post pics soon!