Esteemed Contributor

I don't get the mercury spheres!

Don't get me wrong, I adore VPH and have been watching since she started at the Q. I also collect mercury items, but I don't understand the popularity of these spheres. Just sayin..

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Trusted Contributor

Re: I don't get the mercury spheres!

Especially since you can buy them elsewhere for a fraction of the price. If you want a mercury sphere. Which I don't.

Honored Contributor

I put the red on my dining room table last Christmas, and they looked beautiful. These are the originals, only for indoor use, but I have since ordered the midnight, which look wonderful in my kitchen as they match the granite well, and several other colors. They add a wonderful ambience to a room.

Honored Contributor

I don't either. They look like outside pieces to me.

I know they're very popular and have quite a following though. LOL

Respected Contributor

Well, you know what sheep we humans can be sometimes, so if mercury spheres are "in" then everybody has to have them. Same with everything else, like the newest "i-gadget" that people pay big bucks to other people to stand in line for them to buy{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

On 9/24/2014 GoodStuff said:

Especially since you can buy them elsewhere for a fraction of the price. If you want a mercury sphere. Which I don't.

I have a few sets of the three spheres, the larger ones from VPH. Where all are they available? I have not seen any myself, except on HSN, and the reviews indicated they were not as nice.
Honored Contributor

On 9/24/2014 graceandmercy said:

Don't get me wrong, I adore VPH and have been watching since she started at the Q. I also collect mercury items, but I don't understand the popularity of these spheres. Just sayin..

Good morning I have the pink, purple, and midnight. I like mine a lot, because in the evening when they come on they are so pretty and they twinkle. Give your Emmie a pat from me, and enjoy your day.
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/24/2014 Tissyanne said:
On 9/24/2014 graceandmercy said:

<em>Don't get me wrong, I adore VPH and have been watching since she started at the Q. I also collect mercury items, but I don't understand the popularity of these spheres</em>. <em>Just sayin..</em>

Good morning I have the pink, purple, and midnight. I like mine a lot, because in the evening when they come on they are so pretty and they twinkle. Give your Emmie a pat from me, and enjoy your day.

Thanks Tissy..you take good care of yourself and thanks for your sweet comment! Emmy sends kisses to you!{#emotions_dlg.wub} I am sure your spheres look pretty at night! The important thing is you enjoy them!Smile

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

We love ours. I got the gold for inside for Holiday time last year and I have one hanging and the other two on tall candle holders and they look gorgeous and since they match our decor so well, I left mine up year round, and when they go on at night they look gorgeous!!!!!I also purchased 3 of the outside ones in Amber and they are in between our flower garden and look so nice at night when they go on. We have had a lot of our neighbors tell us how pretty it looks in the evening!!!!!

Valued Contributor

I haven't purchased them but think they are pretty. I wonder where the poster saw them at a fraction of the price??? I go to a lot of B&M stores etc and not sure I have seen any.....anywhere?

So where do we find mercury glass spheres with timers at a fraction of the price???