Respected Contributor

Got home from work a lil bit ago and....

Walked into the house and heard the sound I have been dreading to hear. The fan on our wood burning stove!! Ugh! It was such a long winter last year. I love fall, but I'm just not ready for snow. Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor

Re: Got home from work a lil bit ago and....

I have to say I'm glad I have no idea what you're talking about .

Respected Contributor

Yes, you are lucky! I will admit that I love snow at Christmas, but after the holidays I'm done and ready to move on. The older I get the more I understand why people go south for the winter.
Honored Contributor

It is 37 here in SW Pa this morning. We are leaving soon for Florida and I can't wait to get warm again.

Respected Contributor

Ugh. We've been having some pretty cool nights here in MI the past couple weeks, lows in the 40s. I just can't bring myself to turn the furnace on in September. I use my little space heater now and then to chase the chill.

Respected Contributor

It is very pleasant here this morning, but it will be in the high 70's/low 80's later in the day. I long for cooler weather. I don't envy those of you who have to deal with ice and snow in the winter, but I sure wish I could enjoy your autumnal, cool temperatures.

Honored Contributor

If I had to think about facing a harsh winter, I don't think I could take it. It's not just the cold and the snow but the long gray days. We probably get about 10 really cloudy days a year and they're usually in the summer. We have cold but the sun shines, thank goodness. It must be very depressing.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Bring on the cold weather for me - I HATE the heat!!!

Respected Contributor

On 9/23/2014 kelluvspippi26 said:

Me, too!!!!! The heat here in Louisiana has been as bad as last summer, which we thought would kill us before it was over! This morning the temp was 61, and it felt more than wonderful. Going back into the high 80's today, but that little breath of fall was something to look forward to. I'm ready for winter, and if we get snow I'll be happier than a piggy in the sunshine.

Respected Contributor

On 9/23/2014 Perkup said:
On 9/23/2014 kelluvspippi26 said:

Me, too!!!!! The heat here in Louisiana has been as bad as last summer, which we thought would kill us before it was over! This morning the temp was 61, and it felt more than wonderful. Going back into the high 80's today, but that little breath of fall was something to look forward to. I'm ready for winter, and if we get snow I'll be happier than a piggy in the sunshine.

I don't mind fall and the coolness it's the 17 inches of snow that gets to me. Christmas morning is okay, but it was just one continuous major snow storm after another last winter. It can be days before a person can even leave the house because the roads are not safe.