Trusted Contributor

Valerie As Is Message Votives

I ordered the As Is burlap Valerie pumpkins and a set of 4 Mercury Glass pumpkins.

Instead of the MG pumpkins, they sent me the former TSV message votives. If you ordered them, can you tell me how much they were? I do not see them in the As Is section to compare the price.

BTW: the burlap pumpkins are cute! They will fit nicely on a shelf.

Super Contributor

Re: Valerie As Is Message Votives

They're currently $27.45. I think they were just under $25 when they were the TSV.

http://www.qvc.com/Set-of-4-Glass-Words-to-Live-By-Flameless-Candles-w-Bags-by-Valerie.product.H2034...

How do they look? The reviews on the original item number are very mixed. I'd love to know if your as-is ones look good, because if they do, I'll be watching to scoop them at as-is price! They're not currently offered as-is, though...I'll be waiting!

Honored Contributor

They'll be hitting as is at some point. I think they were $24.50. I ordered MG pine cones. I hope they don't get mixed up. The pumpkins looked cute, but don't have a spot for them. I would have ordered the basket weave.
Trusted Contributor

I thought it was odd that they sent me As Is votives since I don't recall seeing them on As Is. I wanted pumpkins!

Some said theirs had upside down writing or were smeared. These seem fine.

Honored Contributor

I was going to say that I hope the ""As Is"" votives aren't the mispelled/unside down ones.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

They look like brand new. There was paper inside the battery compartments and each was wrapped in plastic. All the letters are fine. They are actually very nice!

There are teeny tiny specks on the top of one that is missing paint, but it is hardly noticeable.

I have to check to see if the timers work. I am not sure if I want to send them back to exchange for the pumpkins.

Honored Contributor

Wonder how those items get in the wrong box. I ordered Valerie's square MG pedestals and received the set of six crackle glass spheres in a box marked MG square pedestals. The MG pedestals didn't come back in the color that I needed and the spheres were the right color so I kept them.

Honored Contributor

I'm not receiving the wrong items by Valerie but I have received two defective/damaged sets of pedestals. I think someone in authority needs to check the packaging of these items and correct, update, change or do whatever to stop these issues. I told customer service either the packaging isn't adequate or the items are of poor quality.

I love Valerie's items so it is a disappointment. I have ordered pedestals from her which are in good condition. But this year's batch have been a mess.

Honored Contributor

Just a heads up on this "as is" MG stuff. I ordered lots of MG this summer and fall (I was late to the party on MG, took me awhile to fall in love with it), and I had to ship back at least half of what I ordered. Most of it was defective timers, and all sets shipped back also had terrible "painting' of the MG. One whole side of the pine cones and pumpkins (and some of the trees had this too) were so thinly painted, you could see right through them to the inner workings.

I had to order two and three sets of the same item to try to put together one nicer (but far from perfect) set of each. Quality control on this MG is not very good.

Honored Contributor

On 9/23/2014 mominohio said:

Just a heads up on this "as is" MG stuff. I ordered lots of MG this summer and fall (I was late to the party on MG, took me awhile to fall in love with it), and I had to ship back at least half of what I ordered. Most of it was defective timers, and all sets shipped back also had terrible "painting' of the MG. One whole side of the pine cones and pumpkins (and some of the trees had this too) were so thinly painted, you could see right through them to the inner workings.

I had to order two and three sets of the same item to try to put together one nicer (but far from perfect) set of each. Quality control on this MG is not very good.

Hi mominohio, you know I just received a set of the MG Pinecones in "as is" and I really checked them over well and all I can find wrong with them is the battery case is hanging loose and I just worked with it and snapped it back in. Color looks good and lights and timer work, so I feel lucky with this purchase. I guess regular priced and "as is" is a gamble. Sometimes we win and other times, we lose. Thankful for these at this price.