Trusted Contributor

Someone here posted that they saw velvet pumpkins at BL. I was near a store today and stopped in to see what they had.

Lots of pumpkins! Ceramic, mercury glass, velvet, colored glass, burlap...lots of choices.

They had the MG gourds that light up. I bought a small one. It is cute but has no timer. They also had MG owls, but again with no timer.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, flickerbulb, for the info. I'll check that out. How were the prices?

Super Contributor
On 9/19/2014 lucymo said:

Like everything everywhere, a little higher. But they typically have a 20% off Friends & Family sale in Sept./Oct. (typically before Halloween), so that helps if you are watching your pennies.

$10-15 most things max, except large wreaths.

They have a lot of Christmas already out, too. There's a beautiful item I wanted - just $15 or so, I think ... 4 flameless kinda rustic-looking candle pillars with N-O-E-L (1 letter/candle) that are mounted on thin black wooden base. Another items that's REALLY awesome was a black metal lantern that had 3 flamessless white pillars and some faux pine/berries. $30 but really, really looks MUCH more expensive!!!

Honored Contributor
On 9/19/2014 JamicaJammer said:
On 9/19/2014 lucymo said:

Like everything everywhere, a little higher. But they typically have a 20% off Friends & Family sale in Sept./Oct. (typically before Halloween), so that helps if you are watching your pennies.

$10-15 most things max, except large wreaths.

They have a lot of Christmas already out, too. There's a beautiful item I wanted - just $15 or so, I think ... 4 flameless kinda rustic-looking candle pillars with N-O-E-L (1 letter/candle) that are mounted on thin black wooden base. Another items that's REALLY awesome was a black metal lantern that had 3 flamessless white pillars and some faux pine/berries. $30 but really, really looks MUCH more expensive!!!

Thanks, Jamica, I always shop around for the best prices on nice merchandise. That lantern sounds really nice. I hope you can get the item that you're wanting. It's such fun to get new decorating items.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a ton of Fall Stuff at Big Lots. Had a blast shopping. My mantle looks so pretty. Also have a lot of stuff from QVC from last year.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

The tall gourd was around $20. The smaller one I bought was $12.99 as was the owl.

Velvet pumpkins were $6 for the smallest and went up around $2 as they increased in size.

I found a cute lantern but it was $30 and above my mental limit.

Lots of nice wreaths, garlands and centerpieces, too!

Honored Contributor

They do have some nice things compared to what they used to carry. I enjoy going in there and I usually always find something. I went there about a week ago and got a great deal on several 2015 calendars. They are top quality too.

Honored Contributor
On 9/19/2014 twopeas said:

I bought a ton of Fall Stuff at Big Lots. Had a blast shopping. My mantle looks so pretty. Also have a lot of stuff from QVC from last year.

I bet the BL's stuff was a lot cheaper and looks just as good as the QVC stuff.

Valued Contributor

I bought a real pretty and full looking autumn wreath in hues of olives and golds for $8. I think I will go back and get one with pumpkins and lightly glittered fall leaves for the same price. A whole lot cheaper than the ones on the Q. And they look really good.

Super Contributor
I bought really nice fall placemats, matching runner, and a door mat for my daughter. Also, they had packages of small acorns, pinecone, squash, etc. that I sprinkle around a Flameless candle sitting in her Pottery Barn glass hurricane. It all made for a really attractive display. No one would guess that all of it came from Big Lots! Lol