Valued Contributor

Mattresses - Anyone have the Casper Latex mattress?

I spent the last couple of weeks mattress shopping, not fun. I really like the new Sealy Hybrid which is the traditional coil system on the bottom and latex on the top. They are expensive though and Sealy controls the price and only has periodic sales and I missed the one on Labor Day and no one would honor it. My principals will not allow me to pay full price. So I was searching online looking for better pricing and came across a recommendation for the "Casper" a latex mattress made in the USA, sold out of NY and not stores carry them so the pricing is great. (similar to the Saatva company if you ever heard of it.)

So for $850 minus an online code I found, I ordered the queen size from the Casper company online for $800. It can be placed on any boxspring. It comes in a tall box and you slowly cut off the plastic and it will expand to its' size. They will have it picked up and give a full refund after 40 days if you do not like it so thought it was worth a try. Price is great, concept excellent, better than going store to store and getting more confused and wonder if anyone has one. Their website is www.caspersleep.com.

Honored Contributor

Re: Mattresses - Anyone have the Casper Latex mattress?

I have been researching latex but have not bought a new mattress. Wish Sleep Number made one with latex. Maybe they do & I just don't know it. I have an open cell visco memory foam topper on our bed right now & it get's a little hot sometimes. I read latex is not supposed to be hot like memory foam. I love my latex pillow but I need a new one. Let me know what you think about it after you sleep on it for a bit or if you have any problems with it. The mattresses they make today are cheap & go to sagging several months down the road. Who wants to buy a new mattress every few years. Hope you like it.

Honored Contributor

I got a latex topper but had to ditch it after two nights. It was so soft I got a ""hammock"" effect and it nearly killed my back. Memory foam for me is more supportive if I buy a dense foam. Latex mattresses are not new; my parents had one back in the fifties. They're very heavy...I struggled handling the topper.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 9/18/2014 kachina624 said: I got a latex topper but had to ditch it after two nights. It was so soft I got a ""hammock"" effect and it nearly killed my back. Memory foam for me is more supportive if I buy a dense foam. Latex mattresses are not new; my parents had one back in the fifties. They're very heavy...I struggled handling the topper.

I could not sleep on it if it has the hammock effect either. I thought they had different ild's & densities like memory foam toppers. On a mattress they would put a firmer layer underneath with a bit softer on top of that or vice versa depending on how you want it? I know with our memory foam topper it's softer in the summer when it gets really hot & firmer in the winter since I keep it cold in the house. I put the heat on 60° when we go to bed.