Honored Contributor

Valerie's Berry Items from the September Show

I received them today, and am happy. The wreaths are very full, two are fantastic with no need for adjustment, the third needed a little arranging, but is fine now. I have some very large wide flameless candles I bought at Home Goods last year, and set one inside a wreath and it looks fantastic. The candle rings fit the square pedestals and other candle holders I have. The garlands with the burlap leaves are great. They do need adjusting, but it is very easy as the wire is easily bendable so can be arranged however one wants. So, that's it for my loot, hope everyone who ordered these are also happy.

Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie's Berry Items from the September Show

Sadly, I wasn't happy with my berry candle rings and napkin rings and returned them today. I wanted the candle rings to cover the silver edge on the square mercury glass pedestals and they didn't. On the other hand, I found the napkin rings to be a bit too large as I like to use them as candle rings on tapers in addition to their use as napkin rings.

One poster mentioned on another thread that the napkin rings were the perfect size to cover the bottom of VPH's lit mercury glass mini-pumpkins. That sounds like a great use for them.

I'm glad the items worked well for your uses.

Honored Contributor

Marsha - I was able to cover the silver edges by adjusting the berries. I wish I had thought of using the napkin rings for the pumpkins, great idea.

Honored Contributor

I liked the berry items, but didn't order. I used berry cording and made my own candle ring. I got it at Joann fabric. They were with the harvest items. $2.99 with 50% off. It was around 3 feet. I was able to wrap it around the top of the square pedestal 5 or 6 times.
Honored Contributor

On 9/16/2014 graycatsrule said: I liked the berry items, but didn't order. I used berry cording and made my own candle ring. I got it at Joann fabric. They were with the harvest items. $2.99 with 50% off. It was around 3 feet. I was able to wrap it around the top of the square pedestal 5 or 6 times.

Wow, berry cording, sounds interesting! I'll have to check out our Joann's!

Honored Contributor

Mousie, I'm glad you were happy with your purchases!

Marsha, sorry you had to send your stuff back!

Respected Contributor

Thanks, Hooty. I was able to return both items in the same box, so I hope they will only deduct the $6.95 fee once. Sometimes, you just have to try things to see if you like them.

Honored Contributor

I didn't check JoAnn's, but when I went to Michael's a few weeks ago, everything Fall was on sale, and the pickings were slim, but I did manage to get various berry sprigs. The wreaths are so much better than the picture online shows, at least I think so, and the berries are reddish as opposed to the garland which has the orange berries.

Thanks Hooty.