Respected Contributor

YC Scenterpiece Easy meltcup?

I've been looking at this online and am intrigued except that each meltcup is $5. Seems pricey. I don't like to burn candles and am currently using wax tarts/melts for the fragrance. But it gets bumped, hot wax spills so I keep moving it.

Anyone use a Yankee candle scenterpiece?

Respected Contributor

Re: YC Scenterpiece Easy meltcup?

My best friend got one last Friends and family and loves it!!! I am going to get it next time a good coupon comes out and will stock up on scents when they go onsale. She said it scents her entire downstairs. Throws like crazy. You can go on youtube and find some reviewsl

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not...yet. Only because the one I want is sold out.

I agree...the cups do seem pricey, given they last a short time (5 hours? I don't remember). But it's convenient...quick change of scents, a timer (if you buy one with a timer).

ETA...Something I don't understand. On a flyer I have about it (got it at the store in July), it lists as one of the reasons to love it "SAY GOODBYE when only 1/2" of wax remains." I don't know how that works. Does it work on weight, and when the scent cup gets light it shuts off? Maybe saying goodbye is an option, not a certainty.

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

thanks for the suggestions. I went to youtube and saw the reviews. Didn't realize there were 3 different sizes. No YC stores in Alaska so will try Bed, Bath, & Beyond.

Respected Contributor

On 9/16/2014 traveler said:

thanks for the suggestions. I went to youtube and saw the reviews. Didn't realize there were 3 different sizes. No YC stores in Alaska so will try Bed, Bath, & Beyond.

You can use BB&B coupons on it! Smiley Happy I think its a winner. Can't wait to get one for myself. Come back and review it when you start burning. I love candles and candle talk! How fun that you live in Alaska! I would think that would be a great market for Yankee to open a store. YC.com shipping isn't so bad but that is to Chicago, I don't know it they up the cost for alaska. Good luck to you.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/16/2014 traveler said:

I saw them being offered in Kohl's too.

I'm not sure if you have that store, but it's worth a look. Smile

Super Contributor

EXTREMELY overpriced!!!!!!!!!

Frequent Contributor

I love mine. I had a $10 coupon so picked up the pumpkin. First, they are much larger than you might realize. Second, while the cost of the scent cup is $5 but they are saying they last 24 hours (not the 5 that people are saying here). But the reality of it is ---my scent cups are lasting over 100 hours!!!!!! Not bad at all for $5.

I plugged mine in on the Tuesday after labor day, have it on (my own) timer for 8 hours a day and just changed it yesterday.

The wax doesn't evaporate. The scent goes away. But as someone else said it fills the entire first floor of the house without being overpowering in the room it is in.

To me it is well worth the price and I am looking forward to the holiday line!!!

Valued Contributor

So how is the wax melted in this warmer, bulb or just a heat element?

Trusted Contributor

On 9/17/2014 mallemo said:

So how is the wax melted in this warmer, bulb or just a heat element?

It's a heat element but doesn't get overly warm. The outer part of the unit doesn't get hot either. You don't have to replace a light bulb to warm the wax which is a huge bonus. I have lots of Scentsy warmers and I love them too but the bulbs are a pain. I buy them at Home Depot but often they go bad as soon as I turn them on the first time! I'm sick of buying bulbs. But with this new Scenterpiece you don't have to worry with that.

The more expensive models have a light in them and I'm sure that takes some kind of bulb but haven't looked to see what kind. It doesn't have anything to do with warming the wax though.

I'm not sure my meltcups are lasting 100 hours but they definitely last a lot longer than 5. I think the clerks even say they last at least 24 hrs. So if a candle lasts maybe 120 hours (just to make it easy to calculate) but costs $28 that's like paying $5 for every 24 hours anyway. And you can set the more expensive version on a timer. And you don't have to worry about a flame.

I have also popped out the old wax and put a regular tart in the plastic cup. It doesn't fragrance as well as the meltcup wax (supposedly the tarts don't contain as much fragrance) but it works fine in a small area like my home office.

I love mine. Got the light wood looking one and the blue vine one with the timer and light!!

KJPA