Honored Contributor

Anyone have a vessel sink, or know someone

who has one? I am remodeling my bedroom and master bath and have been thinking about a vessel sink. I would want a porcelain/china sink, in bisque. I saw a Kohler sink that is sort of a square shaped bowl.

Does anyone know if they splash a lot, or are a pain to use.? I know faucet height, and placement is important.

Thanks for any help.

Shoe

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone have a vessel sink, or know someone

Honored Contributor

I had trouble posting verbiage with the picture above. This is sort of the style, but I am really open.

Trusted Contributor

When I read your topic heading, I thought I was in for a discussion of cruise ship disasters! Funny!

Honored Contributor

I don't have one, but the nail salon I go to has one. I've only washed my hands in it.

I think faucet placement would be key, but they are very nice looking.

Contributor

I put in a vessel sink for my main bath and then a regular sink for my guest bath. I wish I had done the opposite. Hubby doesn't like it for shaving and washing is face but it is beautiful. That said, mine is shaped like yours, only taller on one end and more shallow on the other. It really helped to update the bathroom.
Super Contributor

My sis has a glass vessel bowl. Very pretty! She has never complained to me about it; it's in a half bath. I love the way they look and would love to re-do one of my baths with one. I think the model you are interested is very pretty, shoe kitty! I would go for it!
Super Contributor

My friend has vessel sink in her guest bath. It's pretty and on-trend.

I couldn't imagine having one in a bath which is used all the time (like a master bath). Washing your face, for example, would have to be a bit awkward unless the faucet is positioned off to a side. Not to mention all the splashing that winds up on the counter.

Honored Contributor

We were at a fancy schmancy bathroom and kitchen store. The vessel sinks were out of this world. Some looked like real stone. Maybe they were. Lol. And no prices on anything.
Honored Contributor

How do you wash the cat in one of those.....?

♥Surface of the Sun♥