Super Contributor

cornstalks in outside fall decor

i am going to do this when i start decorating for fall fall next month. i love the look of it!

my kroger has dried cornstalk bunches for $4.99 so i bought some.

Gonna do on my outdoor light post...

Frequent Contributor

Re: cornstalks in outside fall decor

So pretty. I love fall decorating.
Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful!

I am drawn to anything autumn and corn stalks are a favorite!

Honored Contributor

I'd love using corn stalks, but cannot find any around here, we don't have a Kroger's!{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Regular Contributor

I love using cornstalks and always tie several bunches up to either end of my porch railing. I love the mailbox, but my neighborhood has a community mailbox which I would love to decorate, but don't think some of my neighbors might appreciateWink

I was thinking of decorating my front porch today - will head out to King Soopers (owned by Krogers) to see if any cornstalks are in yet.

Honored Contributor

When we lived in pa our neighbor always put up a scare crow made of cornstalks - her husband would always really complain when he had to take it down that it was all moldy and disgusting.

Super Contributor

On 9/14/2014 happy housewife said:

When we lived in pa our neighbor always put up a scare crow made of cornstalks - her husband would always really complain when he had to take it down that it was all moldy and disgusting.

i was thinking of that!! putting that outside in the elements for two months it is going to be a hot mess when i take it down at the end of november!!

Respected Contributor

I do this every year around our front lamp post and hang a scarecrow on it. Place a few potted mums and pumpkins around it. It looks really cute.

Super Contributor

On 9/14/2014 Hooty said:

I'd love using corn stalks, but cannot find any around here, we don't have a Kroger's!{#emotions_dlg.sad}

i had asked my DH if any of his friends had some corn fields! LOL i passed by one out in the country last week and it was acres of brown corn stalks so i knew it was time. i was shocked when i saw them at krogers at that price because buying them from the home decor/garden center here is much much more!

Super Contributor

On 9/14/2014 luvpoos said:

I do this every year around our front lamp post and hang a scarecrow on it. Place a few potted mums and pumpkins around it. It looks really cute.

that is what i am going to do!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} i have some cat tails in the storage room too that i cut last year and will use them,too. you can find them growing wild in alot of places around here. i need a few more! i always make my DH get them because i hate the wet tall grass you have to go into.