Valued Contributor

Anyone order H203598 Toile Burlap pumpkins by VPH?

3-Piece Toile Burlap Pumpkins by ValerieThis was the only thing that appealed to me from her show the other day. Didn't order it till I see some of the reviews come in. I never got into the velvet pumpkins, although they are pretty, they seemed too "elegant" for my more rustic decor. I love the cream and black color (not a huge orange fan) and the burlap is more my style. Rustic chic is how they are described, never thought my style would be called chic but, hey, I'll take it.Smile

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone order H203598 Toile Burlap pumpkins by VPH?

They appealed to me, too, and I may end up ordering them, in Natural. I've been doing a little looking around the net to see what else is out there. I'm not finding any on Etsy that I love. I see one on a blog that I like, but no mention, that I can see, of the blog date or the store name where it was found. Also, K1rkl@nds has some in a chevron print, which are cute, but I'm not crazy about the chevron pattern in general.

I don't know how or if I could work any of these in alongside my other Fall things, but I would like to try. I like the pattern and the shape of the VPH set. Usually when something has my attention like this, I end up regretting not going for it.

Hopefully someone who has already ordered them will give us a review.

From blog:

http://betteroutdoorlivingathome.com/wp-content/uploads/burlap-prints-pumpkin.jpg

From K:

Tan Burlap Chevron Pumpkin

Valued Contributor

SHOPR-I know what you mean about regretting NOT buying something. I guess I thought these wouldn't appeal to as many people as all the other glitzy, MG, spheres and such that Valerie was showing, thus they wouldn't sell out. I had just ordered some flameless candles last week and I guess I was trying to not spend too much $$ so soon. I can REALLY get into a "no spending" mood some times. I hate when that happens. LOL It really takes the fun out of things! {#emotions_dlg.sad} Gotta get my shopping mojo back.

Esteemed Contributor

I think based on this forum's response alone, it's a safe bet to say the velvet pumpkins are definitely more popular than the burlap ones right now ;-).

Did you ever see the Coldwater Creek wool pumpkins? Marsha2003, Are you the poster who owns these and shared pics a few years ago?

I like their look, too. Posting on iPad so not sure how this link will work. It's a blog that shows the pumpkin. Thought you and others might like to have a look.

http://bsneeringer.blogspot.com/search?q=Coldwater

Respected Contributor

Yes, SHOPR, I'm the one that bought the CC tweed pumpkins two years ago. I still love them. I like the toile burlap pumpkins, too, and that chevron version. Did you see that Hot Skwash, one of the companies that made velvet pumpkins so popular, has jeweled velvet truffles and pumpkins this year?

HERE

Respected Contributor

On 9/12/2014 Marsha2003 said:

Yes, SHOPR, I'm the one that bought the CC tweed pumpkins two years ago. I still love them. I like the toile burlap pumpkins, too, and that chevron version. Did you see that Hot Skwash, one of the companies that made velvet pumpkins so popular, has jeweled velvet truffles and pumpkins this year?

HERE

How 'bout those truffles??? Fabulous! The acorns as well make an incredible statement.
Super Contributor

I like both of the above. The neutral burlap and the chevron colors really appeal to me. Thanks SHOPR!!

Finally got to visit a Home Goods store today. Closest one to me is in Indy. I have to say I think our local HL has much of the same type of items and with their weekly sales they are competitive in terms of cost.

Lots of Halloween and fall there; no Christmas yet.

Valued Contributor

HERE

Love those truffles, marsha. Right up my alley. Thanks for posting. Smile

Esteemed Contributor

HERE

How interesting! There is a pumpkin in the very first slideshow photo that I'd love to own. It looks like a silk embroidered fabric. Thanks for the link. That was fun.

Esteemed Contributor

countrygal, Did you ever order these? I'm so curious to your opinion if you did. Anyone else? The reviews are not looking good right now. Most are complaining about how they are light and styrofoam. I expected them to be both from the start so I'm not sure I'd care about that, as long as they looked ok. With so many disappointed, I'm thinking as is section...soon...?