Valued Contributor

Has anyone seen this new luminary at B&BW?

Just wondering how it compares to the past years haunted houses?

Here

Trusted Contributor

Re: Has anyone seen this new luminary at B&BW?

Hi mallemo,

Long time no see. Glad you had time to stop in.

I really like this one you shared. I didn't get last years but the 2 I do have are both black. Like that this one is different colors. Not going to get it but do like it. Looks like it is a good size too.

JPC

Valued Contributor

On 9/2/2014 Just Plain Crazy said:

Hi mallemo,

I really like this one you shared. I didn't get last years but the 2 I do have are both black. Like that this one is different colors. Not going to get it but do like it. Looks like it is a good size too.

JPC

Hi JPC! I've been able to check in here very little lately but hopefully that will change. I always regret not getting one of the earlier haunted houses as I don't have any of them. Now they are sky high on Ebay and the store prices keep creeping up as well. Not sure they are the same quality as Slatkin but maybe. Not that I need one more item of holiday decor if you know what I mean! I did pick this hobnail hurricane up today at 1/2 price at B&BW. I had not been in there in months and months and for $17.25 I thought it was a nice piece. Very heavy and well made. I won't use a real 3 wick jar candle in it but will try some different options.

3 Wick hobnail glass candle holder from Bath and Body Works

Trusted Contributor

On 9/2/2014 mallemo said:

Hi mallemo,

JPC

Hi JPC! I've been able to check in here very little lately but hopefully that will change. I always regret not getting one of the earlier haunted houses as I don't have any of them. Now they are sky high on Ebay and the store prices keep creeping up as well. Not sure they are the same quality as Slatkin but maybe. Not that I need one more item of holiday decor if you know what I mean! I did pick this hobnail hurricane up today at 1/2 price at B&BW. I had not been in there in months and months and for $17.25 I thought it was a nice piece. Very heavy and well made. I won't use a real 3 wick jar candle in it but will try some different options.

Love that hurricane mallemo. Hadn't seen that one before. It has been a long time since I have been to a B & BW too. When I go to the mall, I just go for what I am after and never think about checking them out.

The prices on the houses do just keep going up don't they. This one is pricey but cute.

Have a good day

JPC

Contributor

I bought the hobnail hurricane last summer, love it! I use it year round, right now I have small artificial acorns that I found at Hobby Lobby scattered around and underneath the 3 wick candle. This burns especially beautiful at night. I've bought 2 of the Haunted Houses in the past, running out of room for more, both to display and store one more large box, I do love this one though. That price seems really high, I seem to remember the ones I have were in the $35.00 range. The HH require 3 of the mini candles, which look great, however that gets expensive quick if you like to burn it often, I've used the small LED candles to off set the expense, they are ok, but do not light it as well as real candles. Good luck, hope you enjoy the house and your new hurricane.
Trusted Contributor

I'm not a collector but this one is cute. Clever idea with the stacked candles.

Honored Contributor

I have the one from last year and it's called The Haunted Barn. I really like it and it's just about the right size for places I have to put it. This one is also very nice. I think these are a lot of fun and cute as well.

Super Contributor

Have always looked at their HW luminaries but decided i had to draw the line at my collectibles so I missed out on some really cute things.

This one is enticing. Incredible price!

Super Contributor

On 9/2/2014 mallemo said:

Hi mallemo,

JPC

Really like this one mallemo! Great choice

Respected Contributor

The inside with the mini candles reminds me of the Christmas version last year. I've already ordered this one so I'll be happy to give you a review once I receive it.