Esteemed Contributor

Heavenly Bed or Tempurpedic Bed

I need a new bed sooo bad! Any ideas,comments, testimonials. I have a sleep number now, it is three years old and the foam is worn out. It is like sleeping in a gully. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Respected Contributor

Re: Heavenly Bed or Tempurpedic Bed

My sister and her husband have a sleep number bed and they don't like it. I am leary of new beds and think you have to go lie in them in the store to pick the right one. I have a memory foam topper on my bed and really like it so I am thinking about a memory foam mattress. I was testing icomfort last year and I really liked one of them but cannot remember the model. Temperpidic was just too expensive compared to icomfort.
Esteemed Contributor

I never heard of Heavenly Bed but did have a sleep number years ago. I hated it. For what it's worth: my $1K 7 year old common bed wasn't making me happy any more - I too had the center sink hole.

I had been afraid of a pillow top from past rumors (can't flip it, etc.,) but I finally decided to buy Sealy from the Q in March and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. Queen size was $599 and I've never slept better. It really gives your legs support as well as the other body parts. Love Love it.

Happy shopping!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the replies. It is so intimidating to buy a bed! Once you buy your stuck with it. Thanks again enjoy your day. Oh, the Heavenly bed is the bed at Westin Hotels, sold at Pottery Barn. My DH and I were on vacation in July and we stayed at the hotel, the bed was awesome. But alas a pillow top. Ugh what to do.
Honored Contributor

I would go with the Heavenly bed if it's an innerspring mattress, especsially since you know how much you like it. Tempurpedics are too hot.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

On 9/2/2014 fthunt said:

I never heard of Heavenly Bed but did have a sleep number years ago. I hated it. For what it's worth: my $1K 7 year old common bed wasn't making me happy any more - I too had the center sink hole.

I had been afraid of a pillow top from past rumors (can't flip it, etc.,) but I finally decided to buy Sealy from the Q in March and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. Queen size was $599 and I've never slept better. It really gives your legs support as well as the other body parts. Love Love it.

Happy shopping!

fthunt, I tried to find your Sealy mattress on Q but there aren't any, mostly Sertas. I guess they don't sell the Sealy anymore. Darn!

Trusted Contributor

When Nordstrom had its sale, both my daughter and I went to buy the Heavenly Bed, however, we both found it too soft, they also had a new bed there, called Beautyrest dreamwell, it was actually a bit cheaper than the Heavenly, and we liked it a lot more. We could not be happier. but, you missed the sale, so they are probably a few hundreds more. By the way the mattress we bought is quite high, so I got the short boxspring.