Regular Contributor

Walmart Find - Mercury Glass Owls

I ran into Walmart a few minutes ago to pick up some prescriptions and took a couple of minutes to wander around the Harvest/Halloween stuff they put out over the weekend. Ended up coming home with two of the cutest little mercury glass owls in an amber/orange color and chocolate. They stand about 5-6 inches tall and come in three colors, the amber, chocolate and sage green. Think they will be really cute with my beaded pumpkin and mercury glass gourds on my fall mantle.

Oh, and they were only $7.97 each...

Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Find - Mercury Glass Owls

I saw them at big lots too. They looked just like the ones I saw on Jill's show.
Honored Contributor

I'm going to check it out when I go tomorrow.

Esteemed Contributor

Must go there and get some..I collect mercury and I don't have those colors! It pays to shop around! Thanks so much! Love owls!

I was there yesterday and bought some mums for $3.99! Was afraid to look around..lol! I always find something!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Super Contributor

They sound nice! Gotta go look...... thanks!

Honored Contributor

I was at Walmart on Saturday but had to buy food for big dinner on Sunday so my quest for Harvest items had to be put on hold. I'll go tomorrow though.

Honored Contributor

AAAAAHHHHHHH! I've been checking my Walmart for weeks for some fall decor and nothing! I just knew that I should try since Labor Day officially passed. The stuff here goes so quickly, I better get there tomorrow! I need milk, bread, and chips anyway, so I have a good excuse!!

Valued Contributor

Can they be opened up on the bottom to insert lights or a small flameless candle?

Regular Contributor

Mallemo, they don't have a specific opening per se, but the rubber seal on the bottom is easily removable if you want to insert lights or a flameless candle - that is exactly what I plan on doing{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Honored Contributor

I went this morning and could find nothing in either of our local stores. They haven't even begun to stock the seasonal housewares. I've asked a couple of associates, including one today, and they are clueless as to when the stuff is going to be coming. Frustrating.