Honored Contributor

Gel Mattress Topper Question

I ordered a 3" gel mattress topper yesterday to replace our foam topper that is literally falling apart in several spots! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

For any of you who have a gel topper, do you use a mattress cover on top of the topper? Or, do you use a mattress cover below the gel topper and does it help to keep it in place? TIA for any responses.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Re: Gel Mattress Topper Question

I always use a mattress pad on my toppers but the don't really keep it from shifting. For that I buy a rug pad of the type that feels like slightly sticky white felt, made for carpet on carpet applications. Every rug seller has them. I put it ( 3 X 5 size) between the mattress and the topper. Believe me, nothing moves.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 9/2/2014 kachina624 said: I always use a mattress pad on my toppers but the don't really keep it from shifting. For that I buy a rug pad of the type that feels like slightly sticky white felt, made for carpet on carpet applications. Every rug seller has them. I put it ( 3 X 5 size) between the mattress and the topper. Believe me, nothing moves.

Kachina, Thanks for your reply. The rug pad sounds like a great idea. I am going to try that.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

You're welcome. Good luck.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment