Valued Contributor

When do you start your outside fall decorating?

Honored Contributor
When the calendar says it is officially fall, and not one day before.
Esteemed Contributor
On 8/31/2014 RedTop said: When the calendar says it is officially fall, and not one day before.

this & the weather has to cool down too. If it's still hot after falls starts I will wait longer.

Valued Contributor

I will start in late September for my outside decorating.

Honored Contributor

It just depends. Usually the second week or so of September but I did it one year in August.

Super Contributor
I'll start any day now on my inside. I just have to be in the right mood, but one day very soon! I'll probably do the outside doors and porches along the same time.
Super Contributor

In truth, the only outside decorations I put up are fall wreaths on my front and side doors. I wait until October 9, because it's my favorite day of the year. (Don't ask me why because there is no particular reason!)

LOL - this just made me think of Miss Congeniality, when one of the contestants was asked "What would be your favorite date?". It was meant as a "dinner, dancing, etc" type of question, but she responded with April 15 (or something) because, "It's not too hot, not too cold." {#emotions_dlg.lol} Too funny!

Honored Contributor

Not until Oct.!

Honored Contributor

I really don't have much Fall decor for outside. I have much more for inside my house, though last year I bought quite a few real pumpkins and mums for the yard. It looked great but I'm too lazy to do it again. I will probably just do a few.

Super Contributor

My inside I will finish tomorrow. I will do the outside next weekend.

Fall is my favorite season and I like to see all of the decorations for as long as possible.