Occasional Contributor

Ladies, what kind of kitchen sink do you have? What is its shape? Do you like it? If you don't find it easy to use, with what shape would you replace it? I have been used to a plain double bowl sink my whole life but now have a chance to update my kitchen. Shall I go wild and change my sink?

Esteemed Contributor

Well I think if I could I would trade mine for something like this, as far as shape. Colors of course, depend on what the rest of your kitchen looks like.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

I live in an apartment...and my sink is one of those rectangles...I hate it....its so old and disgusting looking....actually the entire counter is disgusting....but I know they aren't going to install new....and I am not going to pay for the replacement since I don't own this place...

I would like a longer and deeper sink ....given the chance...

Honored Contributor

I had a sink that was larger on one side, and the other where the garbage disposal was, was small, but just remodeled my kitchen, and I have a large long stainless steel with an insert which keeps things from scratching the sink, and I love it as it is large enough for any length pan.

Super Contributor

I have large double stainless sinks. The larger one is quite deep, and has the garbage disposal. The one to the left of that one, is basically a standard size and depth of most kitchen sinks. I wouldn't trade them for any other configuration or size.

Respected Contributor

Twin stainless here too. Nice high profile faucet, garbage disposal on the left. Dispensers for soap and hand lotion. Probably not going to change it.

Honored Contributor

I have a double SS sink with the left side larger than the right. The single faucet has a pull out spray that I love and the water pattern goes from regular to spray. It is so convenient when working at the sink no matter what the task.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

I have two square under mount stainless sinks. Both are the same size and depth. They are very deep which I like. All inside corners are totally square, which I initially liked, but they a real pain to clean vs those with slightly rounded corners. Every once in a while I ponder about getting something different. I like stainless, but to me its a challenge to keep clean and unmarred.

I'm not sure what I would replace it with because it might be difficult to match a sink with my countertop, but I know definitely it would be a deep double bowl, same size/same depth.

Contributor

056677873522lg.jpg

we have this sink and i LOVE LOVE LOVE it! easy to use. i can clean large pots and pans in this sink! this sink is perfect imho!!!!

oh and the strainer for veggies, fruit, whatever and the cutting board are removable. AND a sink insert come with it soooo you can have a double sink if you want! at least mine does that! Smiley Wink

American Standard

20-Gauge Single Basin Drop-In or Undermount Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink

• Kitchen work center measures 33"L x 22"W x 9"D
  • Top mount work center
  • Includes a large 9" single bowl sink
  • Includes removable sliding sink
  • Includes removable colander
  • Includes bamboo cutting board
  • Item is cUPC certified
  • Limited lifetime warranty
Honored Contributor

Double stainless here too. Both the same size, and pretty standard in size and depth. No garbage disposal. Sinks are original to the house (built in 1973) and have seen much hard use, but still looking good.

I see a lot of sinks in magazines and such that are just beautiful, but in the kitchen, I refuse to have something that needs to be babied. I need it to be strong and resilient. I'm not a fan of stainless appliances in the kitchen, and have always thought that the stainless sink looks a little industrial, but that is what I need in this area. While I'd like the look of something different, I would only replace it with a more updated version of stainless.