Honored Contributor

My dog is dreaming now and making weird noises lol

I'm sitting here listening to my dog and laughing. Sometimes when he sleeps he moves his legs and feet too. He must be dreaming that he's running.

Super Contributor

Re: My dog is dreaming now and making weird noises lol

My dog barks in her sleep doggie dreams....funny thing is she rarely EVER barks at all...but in her sleep she barks a lot! Must be all those squirrels in her dreams!
Contributor

I always thought my old beagle was reliving his earlier hunting days with a previous owner. He was woofing up a storm and running with his legs.
Honored Contributor

They are so funny aren't they?! Sometimes mine tries to chase squirrels and everything else he sees. Our neighbor has a beagle. I've always thought they are sweet dogs.

Respected Contributor

My black lab is a big dreamer- he even pretends his running and wags his tail....he is so sweet.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Valued Contributor

so funny, my 2 do the same. both aren't big barkers - no barking at cars, other people, mailman, not even a squirrel. but in their sleep it's like their singing the opera to me. too funny. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

On 8/28/2014 hsawaknow said:

My black lab is a big dreamer- he even pretends his running and wags his tail....he is so sweet.

Awww. My husband's best friend had a black lab for many years. My dog sounded like he was hiccuping a minute ago lol.

Honored Contributor

On 8/28/2014 CaitlinH said:

so funny, my 2 do the same. both aren't big barkers - no barking at cars, other people, mailman, not even a squirrel. but in their sleep it's like their singing the opera to me. too funny. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Mine barks a lot and is LOUD but harmless! Hubby and I often sit here and laugh when he's sleeping. He must have some pretty interesting dreams! One night he was on his back with all four legs up in the air carrying on. That was one of the funniest sessions he's ever had lol.

Honored Contributor

On 8/28/2014 hsawaknow said:

Honored Contributor

Yeah, well, ours walks and barks in his sleep!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

He'll jump off the bed, barking and run into the living room, still barking madly ...... suddenly realizing where he is and wondering why he's there ..... and will turn and go back to bed with his tail between his legs ... {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

We call it Sleep Barking !!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}