Regular Contributor

For Those of You Who Purchased VPH's New Gingerbread House...

...is your base level? I received mine yesterday and this morning did a thorough inspection of the "Gingerbread" version of the 3 houses presented last week. Unfortunately, my house does not sit level on the base, and on a level surface "rocks", with about a 1/2 inch or more of daylight visible under it.

Sadly, it has to be returned -- just hope that a replacement is available.

Honored Contributor

Re: For Those of You Who Purchased VPH's New Gingerbread House...

Sorry that happened. It would appear that someone needs to do some quality checks more often. Now I realize QVC can't check every item but I doubt they're doing any with all the defective merchandise being sent out. I didn't order any of the houses this year.

Honored Contributor

Sorry you have to return. Seems like there are more and more Valerie returns all the time. The gingey houses aren't my style, but I was admiring the paper houses Lit Cottage or Church H201082. Even in the on air presentation (and you'd think they'd pick the best they have to put on air) the windows are crooked on the one piece.

The prices have crept up over the years, and the quality is down, in my opinion. Hope they fix it soon.

Trusted Contributor

If you are an eBayer, you can find these gingerbread houses if you search under "RAZ". That's who manufacture's them. There were several up the other day.

Just helpin'{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

Kurt Adler has some wonderful gingerbread houses, which Amazon sells.

Update: I just received the Kurt Adler Gingerbread hose from Amazon, and is is fabulous, even has a gingerbread Santa in the chimney with a sack of toys. It is electric.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the Raz info - I was aware of them last year, but the pricing and the fact they are not LED battery operated was my determining factory for waiting for VPH's house.

Bummed, I sent my house back late last week for an even exchange because the house was showing to be available, but when checking this morning, found the particular house I want is now on waitlist. I was on waitlist for it last year and never got it, so I'm not holding my breath.

Guess I will just have to start doing something I really don't want to do - order duplicates of everything due to the defective nature of so many things lately, and keep the better of the two. It's a shame that there appears to be absolutely no quality control on so many items.

Honored Contributor

On 9/2/2014 StElmoQn said:

Thanks for the Raz info - I was aware of them last year, but the pricing and the fact they are not LED battery operated was my determining factory for waiting for VPH's house.

Bummed, I sent my house back late last week for an even exchange because the house was showing to be available, but when checking this morning, found the particular house I want is now on waitlist. I was on waitlist for it last year and never got it, so I'm not holding my breath.

Guess I will just have to start doing something I really don't want to do - order duplicates of everything due to the defective nature of so many things lately, and keep the better of the two. It's a shame that there appears to be absolutely no quality control on so many items.

From things I read here on the forums and on some FB pages as well, this is exactly what many are doing. Ordering several sets of something (Temp-tations folks have to do this too) and hoping to build one decent set, shipping all the defective back.

Isn't it ridiculous that we have to go to such lengths just to get a decent product? And if you have too many returns, you get the dreaded letter, and they cut you off. What's a person to do except shop elsewhere, and that is where they are pushing us.