Contributor

VPH Cloche's....Handle with care!!!

Just got my Santa cloche and it is beautiful. Love the whole look. But be really careful when you open the battery box. The whole thing came out when I went to pull the cover off. It really startled me. The wires were still connected and with a little careful handling I was able to put batteries in it. Thank goodness it worked. I so did not want to have to return it as it had sold out. With a bit of glue of some type I am sure it can be reattached. Just be careful ladies!!!! You will love the look of him.

Valued Contributor

Re: VPH Cloche's....Handle with care!!!

Thanks for the warning! I should get mine tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

I am so tired of Valerie offering products that fall apart in your hands. Sorry.
Contributor

I'm fine with what happened to mine. It is easily fixed. I for one do not have issues with Valeries things. Have been purchasing her things for 15 years at least and maybe returned 1 1 item. And that was due to shipping. My home feels so homey due to many of her items.

Honored Contributor

I'm glad you were able to "save" your piece. I, like Tissyanne, am very tired of the VPH things falling apart upon arrival, timers that don't work, MG that is dark and pretty on one side of the item, and see through on the other.

I really like Valerie, but I'm loosing respect for her as the quality of her products continues to decline. There is bound to be some defective merchandise, but I have at least 6 packages to return from CIJ containing defective items. And I'm not that picky, but for the prices that these things are running when you get the shipping added on, they should be working and properly "painted". I shouldn't have to rig it, turn the "bad side" to the back or anything else. And I don't think she addresses the fact that lots of her things are being returned. Unfortunately, this line is starting to resemble the quality mess that is now Temp-tations.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank goodness that the wires were still connected, beewee. We've had similar things happen with kid toys through the years, and we've even had to reattach wires, which isn't fun.

Frequent Contributor

I have ordered a few of Valerie's things over the years and several have came defective. Some things I have kept as-is and others I have choosen to return or exchange. The last two items I purchased from her line came in defective. I wrote to her on Facebook and either she or someone with her company responded quickly. They even asked for pictures of the defective products. I did ask for replacments from QVC and those came in in excellent condition. You know with all of the defects being sent to customers that VPH and workers must run across these problems when opening products to display on the sets and for photo shoots.

Honored Contributor

On 8/27/2014 Nicnacsmommy said:

I have ordered a few of Valerie's things over the years and several have came defective. Some things I have kept as-is and others I have choosen to return or exchange. The last two items I purchased from her line came in defective. I wrote to her on Facebook and either she or someone with her company responded quickly. They even asked for pictures of the defective products. I did ask for replacments from QVC and those came in in excellent condition. You know with all of the defects being sent to customers that VPH and workers must run across these problems when opening products to display on the sets and for photo shoots.

I agree, and certainly Valerie knows the same thing we know. Anytime you call the vendors out on facebook , they will respond, because it is right there for everyone to see. They have personnel monitoring facebook.
Honored Contributor

I am very sad that I had to return my Snowman, I could deal with the glass cloche not fitting the pedestal quite like it should, but when the timer didn't work, I couldn't see me having to remove the scene to turn on and off each time. There are no replacements available so I just need to get over it. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/27/2014 lucymo said:

I am very sad that I had to return my Snowman, I could deal with the glass cloche not fitting the pedestal quite like it should, but when the timer didn't work, I couldn't see me having to remove the scene to turn on and off each time. There are no replacements available so I just need to get over it. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

I think you can at least find a cloche and make one for far less money! Where was your Snowman made..China???

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West