New Contributor

Does anyone know what's going on with Royal Palace Rugs? The last several shows have been cancelled. Is QVC ending their relationship with RPR?

Trusted Contributor

Royal Palace is actually having a TSV on Sept 23rd. The only information I have about it is it's a Special Edition Fleur de Lis Handmade Wool Rug. No price or picture yet.

On the 23rd, there will be Royal Palace shows at: midnight, 3am, 10am, 3pm, 7pm

So if QVC doesn't cancel this sounds like a good day to maybe get some great deals.

Honored Contributor

I have noticed in the last several years, I hardly see Royal Palace on air anymore. I know that QVC rotates their vendors and products, as they saturate the market, some seem to leave completely (think Tiffany lamps, Peterboro baskets etc). Just because a product line is still available on air, doesn't mean it will still sell well. I personally like to see the product up close in a demo. Pictures just aren't enough, and that is one reason I like shopping Q, to see the product in "person" (almost) and in action.

I don't know about the quality of the rugs today, but I have several from a decade ago, and they are still looking like new, after spills, kids, pets, and many cleanings. I thought they were a top quality product back in the day.

Anyone have some newer rugs that can comment on the quality today?

Honored Contributor

They had another brand of rugs on, is it under the Home Reflections brand maybe?

I think these types of products are becoming more seasonal. QVC focuses on outdoors starting in February and has been focusing on the indoors more this month.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I am looking for one more rug, a runner. My Royal Palace rugs have worn well, look good as new and I am hoping I see a pattern and color that I like and can use with my color scheme. Great product!

Honored Contributor

I have royal palace rugs in every room in my house and I actually still have the first one I ever bought, must be 15 years old. They wear like iron and clean up easily, I've had more expensive rugs that did not hold up.

Honored Contributor

Even given their seasonal nature, it seems we rarely see them or much of any decorative items for the home, anymore. And no, I'm not talking about mercury glass and lit garland... mattresses or the occasional Lazy Boy. It also seems the larger RP rugs are rarely available anymore. For the price, these are good rugs. Both my mother and I have them in our homes and they've proven to be good additions to our decor. I really wish they'd go back to mixing up the programming a little better than they do...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

We have two and they have worn very well. I love them. I also noticed they are rarely on. I wish they would make some new designs and maybe a few solid rugs as well!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

I have to replace my RP rugs about every two to three years because the animals chew them. That doesn't bother me, because they are wool and not polyester. However, the prices now are much higher and that does bother me! LOL

Respected Contributor
On 8/26/2014 Vickie00 said:

Royal Palace is actually having a TSV on Sept 23rd. The only information I have about it is it's a Special Edition Fleur de Lis Handmade Wool Rug. No price or picture yet.

On the 23rd, there will be Royal Palace shows at: midnight, 3am, 10am, 3pm, 7pm

So if QVC doesn't cancel this sounds like a good day to maybe get some great deals.

I hope they are still around. I bought a floral sculpted rug on clearance. I inadvertently chose the wrong color and what a hassle to return it (the packaging is hard to put back together, like slitting open a sausage!) I decided what the hey, look at it on the floor and I liked it so much (and the one I wanted was sold out) that I'm dealing with it and KEEPING it. I have another in my entrance (medallion.) They hold up well with dogs.

This is the living room I designed around the RP rug.