Esteemed Contributor

I have to send time sheets to my employer each week..I always get a confirmation, but she told me she didn't receive one! This has happened to me before. Anyone else?? I use UPS~

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

If you have a scanner/printer/copier machine, perhaps you could scan in your timesheets and email them to your employer. These machines are very inexpensive (about $60). When you email them, you could request a confirmation that the email has been opened. It does sound like there may be a problem on the receiving end, however. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

PS: These machines also fax. (We bought one about six months ago). If you fax from home, you could call your employer and ask directly if they've received it.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

Does UPS not give you a printed confirmation sheet that shows it being received on the other end?

When my husband had to fax in his time sheets it was easier for us to purchase a copy/printer/fax machine. It was so inexpensive it was worth it. That way if for some reason they didn't get it we could just fax it right away, not get in the car and have to go somewhere to have it done.

Trusted Contributor

My cousin works for a contractor for the Navy. She has had problems with sending in her timesheets, too. IIRC they are now emailed in.

Esteemed Contributor

I would like to email my hours. I could always give her the signed time sheets if she wanted them. Sending faxes is a pain!

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor
On 8/25/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

Does UPS not give you a printed confirmation sheet that shows it being received on the other end?

When my husband had to fax in his time sheets it was easier for us to purchase a copy/printer/fax machine. It was so inexpensive it was worth it. That way if for some reason they didn't get it we could just fax it right away, not get in the car and have to go somewhere to have it done.

Yes, thats what I said, I always get a confirmation. Thats why I don't understand unless my employer loses them~

-- Mae West
Super Contributor
I have been told that a confirmation only confirms it was sent not that it was received on the other end. My fax will give me a confirmation even when I know for a fact that the answering fax wasn't working. If the other fax's phone line works then my fax will connect and send.
Respected Contributor
Could your faxes have been mixed in with someone else's stuff and picked up by mistake?
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Frequent Contributor

I started using my smartphone for this kind of stuff -- using an app. "CamScan" is the one I've used (there are surely others). After installing the app (free), open it, create a login with your email/phone number, and take a picture of the document you need to send. CamScan then recommends cropping (you can adjust), touches up the whiteness and you can email it from the phone. So great. I'm not a big app user -- more of an office worker doing email and using the calendar-- but this app I really like.