Regular Contributor

What is with all the Christmas shows on QVC?

Why is so much time devoted to Christmas shows in the summer months? I thought it was a one or two day event in July. There are Christmas shows today. I am more interested in getting ready for fall than thinking ahead to Christmas gifts and decorating. No interest at all. Time to watch the other channels.

Super Contributor

Re: What is with all the Christmas shows on QVC?

I was thinking the same thing!! I love Christmas in July but they are having all these Christmas shows now in the summer. I don't get it. Other than they are just looking for the holiday money and the earlier the better. That's nuts. The stores will be putting their decorations up after Labor Day probably!!

Respected Contributor

QVC is in business to make a profit. Apparently they are getting a profit from the Christmas shows. 'Nuff said.

That being said, I don't mind a few Christmas shows now and then. Takes the monotony off of the constant SG and LOGO NOGO.

Respected Contributor

After Christmas in July, Christmas programming airs on a regular basis. July is the kick-off for Christmas programming.

Honored Contributor

I think they have a bunch of junk they can't get rid of from last year, and stuff they think they have ordered too much of for this year. If I had to bet, I would bet things aren't selling like they used to. I think a lot of the older generation has stopped going all out and a lot of the younger people just don't care to do all the decorating, have the money or time to spend on it, and don't have room to store the stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

I figured there were going to be several Christmas shows today...it is the 25th day of August ...four months til December 25th!!

Honored Contributor

On 8/25/2014 nomless said:

After Christmas in July, Christmas programming airs on a regular basis. July is the kick-off for Christmas programming.

This is exactly right. It has been like this as long as I can remember. Usually on the 25th of each month, between July and Christmas, they have heavy or all day Christmas programming.

I, for one, enjoy it. Christmas in July this year was better than it has been in a long time. There were more new items that I can remember ever seeing for CIJ. The Christmas shows since then have been a bust for me, lots of "reruns", but I still prefer to watch that than another day of the continual fashion/beauty.

Respected Contributor

I hate the Christmas shows until after Thanksgiving. Then I watch only a few because the airwaves are just saturated with them. I basically tune out QVC from October through January, watching only an occasional show. I don't need any decorations and would rather more regular programming rather than just decorations and gifts with little else.

Valued Contributor

I guess I must be turning into the Grinch, but this year the Christmas shows are a big turn off. Or maybe it is the 100 degree temps outside. After the barrage of Christmas shows ALL through July, I really wish QVC would wait until fall to show Christmas decorating shows and then saturate us with the gift shows. I am just not in the mood for garland and lights. Or maybe an hour every now and then. A day is just too much, and I am not watching. Too much and too hot.

Honored Contributor

On 8/26/2014 mominohio said:
On 8/25/2014 nomless said:

This is exactly right. It has been like this as long as I can remember. Usually on the 25th of each month, between July and Christmas, they have heavy or all day Christmas programming.

I, for one, enjoy it. Christmas in July this year was better than it has been in a long time. There were more new items that I can remember ever seeing for CIJ. The Christmas shows since then have been a bust for me, lots of "reruns", but I still prefer to watch that than another day of the continual fashion/beauty.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}