Esteemed Contributor

This is timely, with all the recent talk of the VPH cloche.

Thanks to QCuts for this information.

H196211

Honored Contributor

Re: LQ Cloche / Bell Jar by BL

SHOPR, I just got that bell jar last week. It is a nice, heavy piece. I'm going to add a few things to the scene piece that came with it. The scene is attached to the bottom, but you wouldn't care about that since you have your pieces to use.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm glad to know it's nice and has heavy glass. I am really tempted to try it, but I usually find good sales at H Decorators and/or free shipping plus codes, so the price would be better there since I'm really only wanting the glass itself. Their CS is good about replacing broken glass items, too.

Honored Contributor

On 8/23/2014 SHOPR said:

I'm glad to know it's nice and has heavy glass. I am really tempted to try it, but I usually find good sales at H Decorators and/or free shipping plus codes, so the price would be better there since I'm really only wanting the glass itself. Their CS is good about replacing broken glass items, too.

TJMaxx usually has a lot of glass. I have several large, pretty apothecary jars from there at $9.99-12.99. I have a thing about glass jars, great for all seasons.

Honored Contributor

Save on Crafts on line has lots of cloches, various shapes. I bought several large bell shaped cloches for $13.00 each.

Esteemed Contributor

I've seen the ones on Save on Crafts, and they do look very nice. I think I can get a better total price at HD with sales/codes, because the s&h is so high at SOC. I wish this was something I could find locally, but it probably won't happen without driving a lot of miles.

Super Contributor

I just got this cloche at the Q outlet this week. It's very nice. I'll use it the way it comes but I'll also use just the glass on a Yankee Candle stand and put my own vignette inside for various seasons.

I've gotten a number of the cloches from Save on Crafts. Shipping is high but I can't find cloches in the bigger sizes in any of my craft stores for any price. They have jars but not cloches. I've also checked on Ebay and they're even more expensive than the SOC site. When I order from Save on Crafts, I play around with the number of items I buy until I feel the shipping is more reasonable.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/23/2014 mousiegirl said:

Save on Crafts on line has lots of cloches, various shapes. I bought several large bell shaped cloches for $13.00 each.

Their shipping is $11.50 for 1 cloche..too much. I'll try and find one at Joanns etc.

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/23/2014 graceandmercy said:
On 8/23/2014 mousiegirl said:

Their shipping is $11.50 for 1 cloche..too much. I'll try and find one at Joanns etc.

I just estimated shipping for the $11 cloche, and it is $15.45 for me. It must vary according to zip code.

Esteemed Contributor

Nana5, How do your BL and SOC cloches compare in the quality of the glass, mainly clarity and weight?

Thanks in advance for your reply. I have to sign off now.