Valued Contributor

Simmons Beautysleep or Simmons Beautyrest Recharge mattress

Anyone have either one of these and which is better. Am looking at both with and would like any guidance. Looking at the eurotop, as I like not too soft and not too firm.

New Contributor

Re: Simmons Beautysleep or Simmons Beautyrest Recharge mattress

We purchased a new Simmons Beautyrest Recharge mattress set in May 2013, and have been very pleased so far. Ours is called Luxury Firm. It is more firm than a regular pillowtop, but does seem more supportive than some that we had looked at. I believe that that the mattress depth was 14.5 inches.

They carry this Beautyrest mattress line at Macy's if you have one close by to check them out in person. Also, an online source called "Sleep like the dead" has some mattress reviews that may be helpful.

Good luck in your search. It is hard to select something that has to last a long time, and that you don't want to replace again.

Valued Contributor

SHOP is having a today value on that mattress next week. Also QVC is having a today value on the Serta in a day or two.

Beckyblu

Valued Contributor

jcoller,

Thanks for the reply, and yes I have a Macy's that I can go to & check it out. Thanks for the review. I always like to get a review for something that someone has had for a while so I can judge if it is still liked after the "newness" has worn off.

Beckyblu,

Thanks for reminding me of the SHOP TTV, I saw that on their program guide last night when I was researching mattresses. I also didn't know about the Q's TSV, so thanks for that information.

Valued Contributor

On 8/23/2014 beckyblu said:

SHOP is having a today value on that mattress next week. Also QVC is having a today value on the Serta in a day or two.

Beckyblu

Beckyblu--

Just check SHOP guide online again and unless I'm looking at it wrong, Invicta is the TTV on 9/1/14 and the hour after Invicta is Beautyrest Recharge. They may have it on a special price anyway. Do you know for sure that the Beautyrest is the TTV? Did I look at it wrong? They have good prices on the Recharge mattress even if it is not the TTV. When I looked on 8/23/14 it was at midnight, could have changed.

Regular Contributor

Stay away from the simmons beautyrest. We had the pillowtop firm, and the 1st one went bad and sagged after three months. The second replacement went bad after six months, the third one was the worst after three months. Not only did it sag in each side, the bottom and sides also buckled out. The inspector said it was the worst he ever saw in years. Macys finally gave us a refund because I didnt want any more replacements. I also had bad luck with seally and sertas sagging after months of usage. Finally purchased a stearns and foster on sale at macys. Best purchase so far
Valued Contributor

On 8/25/2014 khay said: Stay away from the simmons beautyrest. We had the pillowtop firm, and the 1st one went bad and sagged after three months. The second replacement went bad after six months, the third one was the worst after three months. Not only did it sag in each side, the bottom and sides also buckled out. The inspector said it was the worst he ever saw in years. Macys finally gave us a refund because I didnt want any more replacements. I also had bad luck with seally and sertas sagging after months of usage. Finally purchased a stearns and foster on sale at macys. Best purchase so far

Thanks for the information. My boss & his wife purchased a stearn & foster about 8 yrs ago at a local decorators store that was being closed, he got it for about half off and they love it. He once said he couldn't wait to get home from vacation so he could sleep on his mattress and actually get a good nights sleep. He has no idea what model it is, what is yours? Firm, Medium, Soft or the name? I have a Macy's card, may have to look at Macy's and put it on the card if they have some good sales.

Regular Contributor

I use to buy a firm all the time but after finding my number at a sleep number store we went with a plush not firm. By the way my sleep number was 43, so I figured firm was too much for me. Here is the information on the stearns and foster we purchased. We paid the $1799.00 Stearns and Foster Estate Scarborough Tight Top Luxury Plush Queen Mattress Set Web ID: 1326305 Lowest Price of the FALL Season Reg. $2,789.00 Was $1,799.00 Sale $1,397.00 Sale ends 9/7/14 Pricing Policy
On 8/25/2014 BetsyDoodle said:
On 8/25/2014 khay said: Stay away from the simmons beautyrest. We had the pillowtop firm, and the 1st one went bad and sagged after three months. The second replacement went bad after six months, the third one was the worst after three months. Not only did it sag in each side, the bottom and sides also buckled out. The inspector said it was the worst he ever saw in years. Macys finally gave us a refund because I didnt want any more replacements. I also had bad luck with seally and sertas sagging after months of usage. Finally purchased a stearns and foster on sale at macys. Best purchase so far

Thanks for the information. My boss & his wife purchased a stearn & foster about 8 yrs ago at a local decorators store that was being closed, he got it for about half off and they love it. He once said he couldn't wait to get home from vacation so he could sleep on his mattress and actually get a good nights sleep. He has no idea what model it is, what is yours? Firm, Medium, Soft or the name? I have a Macy's card, may have to look at Macy's and put it on the card if they have some good sales.