Regular Contributor

I just wanted to say that I love Valerie Par Hill and all the products she brings us on the Q. Her shows have become my favorite shows on the Q. I wish she was on more than just around holiday season. I have found over the past several years that I add more and more of her beautiful products to my home and it makes my home so warm and magical for the holidays. This year I am going to have a more whimsical Christmas for my grandchildren. I have ordered both sizes in her gingerbread homes with the garland with sweaters and all of the wonderful, magical sugared items. I have ordered the elves and Santas along with her Rocking Horse. I am going to decorate my dining room table with all of the gingerbread houses and sugar items for the children. I think they will be over the moon about it.

Thank you so much Valerie for all that you bring us!! You are tops and I love the products. No one can match your value both in products as well as demeanor.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Regular Contributor

Re: Thank you, Valerie Par Hill

Agree! Valerie is always a pleasure to watch and her products are wonderful.

Honored Contributor

I have a tons of her items also. I especially love her gumdrop and wafflecone flameless candle trees, the perfect items for my gingerbread and candy theme, along with the gingerbread houses.

Honored Contributor

I love to watch Valerie too. Trouble is, when I watch, I buy. Too much. Smile

Honored Contributor

I used to feel that way about VPH...not so much anymore. I have been buying her products for over 10 yrs and this year I had to send back more than 50% due to quality issues.

In the past I would have to return a few products a year and replace/exchange, but this year is the worst ever.

Receiving 2 sets of the TSV candles, and finding out all 8 were junk, poor quality, just put me over the tipping point of possibly no return to buying any of her products in the future. I guess I have been burned one too many times.

I watched her show this morning and the joy seems to be gone. I hope it's only temporary...don't know. I think if she has anymore presentations on those candles, I will probably cringe and find the remote.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but at least I'm not the only one who feels this way...between reading the candle reviews and some of folks posts on VPH FB comments on the candles over the past several days.

There is no fun in ordering a product and then have to pray it's a 'good' one {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

For those who continue to receive consistently quality products that are VPH, you are lucky Smile

Regular Contributor

I look forward to all of Valerie's shows. I love her products and learn so much seeing how she has put things together.

Trusted Contributor

Well said, OP, and I agree!

Honored Contributor

On 8/22/2014 Susan Louise said:

I used to feel that way about VPH...not so much anymore. I have been buying her products for over 10 yrs and this year I had to send back more than 50% due to quality issues.

In the past I would have to return a few products a year and replace/exchange, but this year is the worst ever.

Receiving 2 sets of the TSV candles, and finding out all 8 were junk, poor quality, just put me over the tipping point of possibly no return to buying any of her products in the future. I guess I have been burned one too many times.

I watched her show this morning and the joy seems to be gone. I hope it's only temporary...don't know. I think if she has anymore presentations on those candles, I will probably cringe and find the remote.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but at least I'm not the only one who feels this way...between reading the candle reviews and some of folks posts on VPH FB comments on the candles over the past several days.

There is no fun in ordering a product and then have to pray it's a 'good' one {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

For those who continue to receive consistently quality products that are VPH, you are lucky Smile

I love to watch Valerie, and find her very fun, gracious, and informative. I, too, am having some difficulty reconciling her on air honesty with the quality of many of the items I have been receiving this past year or so.

I too, have been buying/receiving Valerie products for at least 15 years, and this last round of CIJ purchases will make me think much harder before jumping on the line to order when she is on. I will have returned at least a half a dozen items/sets, most mercury glass that is substandard, and who's timers don't work properly.

I think Valerie needs to really reign in the quality control right now, before she looses the respect and following of many of us who have trusted her for decades. Temp-tations is undergoing a very bad run of quality control, and many long time collectors are abandoning the line. More than the loss of sales, I think that these women would value their reputation more than the money, and I hope both are able to get things straightened out before it is too late.

Honored Contributor

On 8/22/2014 mominohio said:
On 8/22/2014 Susan Louise said:

I love to watch Valerie, and find her very fun, gracious, and informative. I, too, am having some difficulty reconciling her on air honesty with the quality of many of the items I have been receiving this past year or so.

I too, have been buying/receiving Valerie products for at least 15 years, and this last round of CIJ purchases will make me think much harder before jumping on the line to order when she is on. I will have returned at least a half a dozen items/sets, most mercury glass that is substandard, and who's timers don't work properly.

I think Valerie needs to really reign in the quality control right now, before she looses the respect and following of many of us who have trusted her for decades. Temp-tations is undergoing a very bad run of quality control, and many long time collectors are abandoning the line. More than the loss of sales, I think that these women would value their reputation more than the money, and I hope both are able to get things straightened out before it is too late.

Glad to know I'm not alone...

I also had problems with Temp-tations. I only got 2 sets of the soup/sandwich and the set of 2 pie dishes last year...both sets in the confetti.

Both times I had order 2nd sets of each. The background was a tan on one of each set and an ivory...such varying colored backgrounds...horrible! I know they are hand painted, but the consistency/quality of both sets was just not acceptable. No more of that line of products for me either.

I had to keep the sets I had, wait for a 2nd set to arrive so I can best match 2 of each set...nuts! Thank goodness I never had a desire to get the huge sets or dinnerware...

And Tara is expanding her line into decor. You would think she would just concentrate on making the line she has better/consistant quality instead of adding more products {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Respected Contributor

I agree with you OP. I could live on Valerie's set