Respected Contributor

I received the pine cones today in both the brown and champagne choices. They are not lit by a single bulb, but have a small light strand like the pedestals. The colors don't match any other VPH mercury glass that I can see. The only negative is that some of the cones don't stand up straight as the bases are cut unevenly. I intend to use them at various angles so that's not a problem for me. I'll be testing the timers over the next few days. Here are some pictures for you. In the first two pictures, the cones are unlit. Lit Pine Cones

Contributor

Thank you for the pics, I just received mine also in the champagne, the battery compartment mite be a issue down the road, a couple of mine had to be pushed back in, Its the texture of the cones I am having a problem with, they are glass, put kind of thick, not like the lamps, or pedestals. I will see tonite how they look and function.

Respected Contributor

I just received my VPH s/4 orange MG pumpkins today. I really like them except for the base that shows. I can't believe I am considering sending them back because of this issue. I might visit Michael's for some possible trim, garland or whatever. The visible base is just not making me happy. Anyone got any ideas on how I can conceal the base besides placing them in garland, leaves, etc? What's ya' thinking Marsha2003? Am I being too picky regarding the bases being so visible?

Contributor
I got the champagne pumpkins and had to return them . They looked ok but when lit you could see how uneven the color was. From some angles you could see the string of lights and battery box very clearly. Disappointed. They also rattle , as the string of lights is free floating. Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor
On 8/19/2014 BornToShop said:

I just received my VPH s/4 orange MG pumpkins today. I really like them except for the base that shows. I can't believe I am considering sending them back because of this issue. I might visit Michael's for some possible trim, garland or whatever. The visible base is just not making me happy. Anyone got any ideas on how I can conceal the base besides placing them in garland, leaves, etc? What's ya' thinking Marsha2003? Am I being too picky regarding the bases being so visible?

My intention always was to use the pine cones in some sort of floral arrangement, maybe even a cornucopia, so I'm not bothered by the bases showing. I would probably feel different about the pumpkins because it's more likely that you might be using those without anything surrounding them, so I don't think you are being too picky at all. At these prices, every item has to work for my purposes or it's going back.

Super Contributor

I got the brown pine cones today and the one has a hole on the side bottom. I called CS and she said to send them back but on wait list. I had to send 1 of the TT water globes back cause it was cloudly and the MG owls coloring was not right. A big white spot on side of head. Well the pine cones may go back.

Respected Contributor

Here is an idea that I put together today with some of the QVC items. These are rough as I didn't secure anything or fill it in as much as I would when I have access to my autumn decor from storage, but I thought the pictures might spark an idea for someone.

Centerpiece

Super Contributor

O Marsha2003, thanks for the idea ! I forgot I have that big brown candle! I was out looking for little candle wreaths today but didn't find any I like. Maybe, I'll go hunting tomorrow!

Valued Contributor

I'm not sure what to think about this as when I asked VPH on her FB page about the pine cones and the MG mini pumpkins she said they had a single bulb. She must not know her own items!

Respected Contributor
On 8/19/2014 mallemo said:

I'm not sure what to think about this as when I asked VPH on her FB page about the pine cones and the MG mini pumpkins she said they had a single bulb. She must not know her own items!

I remember you posted about the single bulb after I asked on the boards about it and I almost didn't buy the pine cones as a result. However, when I was watching the video, it looked so much like there were multiple points of lights that I decided to take a chance. You know, it may be that the FB answers are posted by an assistant to Valerie and that person made the mistake.