Honored Contributor

VPH's "Words to Live By" Flameless Candles...

Originally I had ordered 2 sets when it was the TSV a few days ago (harvest and holiday). I should be getting them today...can't wait! Based upon the reviews so far, I jumped at the chance to order several more sets for gifts (4 'inspirational' and 1 'everyday')!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Whew! I was lucky...I got the last one of the 'everyday' before it went to waitlist status!

The item #'s are:

'Inspirational' (on advance order - ships 8/28) H204352

'Holiday', 'Harvest', and 'Everyday' (on waitlist) H203483

Respected Contributor

Re: VPH's ""Words to Live By"" Flameless Candles...

I hope you enjoy them! I wanted to order them but just didn't. I still may--I love the holiday ones. Please post what you think of them!

Honored Contributor

On 8/15/2014 Ladybug724 said:

I hope you enjoy them! I wanted to order them but just didn't. I still may--I love the holiday ones. Please post what you think of them!

Thanks! I will...you'll have to wait til Monday though. I assumed I'd get them today, but it will be Monday instead...no big deal.

To me, these will be nice gifts that I have no doubt they will be used and enjoyed. It's hard to find inexpensive gifts that aren't 'cheesy' or will wind up in a junk drawer. I can actually see every family/friend DH and I will give these to at Christmas enjoying them year round Smile

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/15/2014 Susan Louise said:
On 8/15/2014 Ladybug724 said:

Thanks! I will...you'll have to wait til Monday though. I assumed I'd get them today, but it will be Monday instead...no big deal.

To me, these will be nice gifts that I have no doubt they will be used and enjoyed. It's hard to find inexpensive gifts that aren't 'cheesy' or will wind up in a junk drawer. I can actually see every family/friend DH and I will give these to at Christmas enjoying them year round Smile

That is exactly why I purchased the Holiday set! There always seem to be those people that I want to gift something, but not really spend a lot on each present!

Contributor

I ordered the "Harvest" set and received them today. I was sick on my stomach when I took them out of the box. The set I received is not the quality from VPH that I know and expect. All 4 of the candles have defects on them in one form or another. For example the brown candle has many words "misspelled". However they are made many of the words are printed over top of one another. The eggplant colored candle has wax/rubber poured down the side of it and when you try to remove it with your finger the color peels off. Also, the color is not consistent and has many white splotches all over. The other two colors have weird brown stains on them in various places. I will say that they are pretty when you put the batteries in and turn them on. I'm just not sure I'm keeping them my hubby says they should go back he was a little shocked as well. I hope all of you have better luck than I did with my set.

Honored Contributor

On 8/15/2014 sillybugs said:

I ordered the "Harvest" set and received them today. I was sick on my stomach when I took them out of the box. The set I received is not the quality from VPH that I know and expect. All 4 of the candles have defects on them in one form or another. For example the brown candle has many words "misspelled". However they are made many of the words are printed over top of one another. The eggplant colored candle has wax/rubber poured down the side of it and when you try to remove it with your finger the color peels off. Also, the color is not consistent and has many white splotches all over. The other two colors have weird brown stains on them in various places. I will say that they are pretty when you put the batteries in and turn them on. I'm just not sure I'm keeping them my hubby says they should go back he was a little shocked as well. I hope all of you have better luck than I did with my set.

Sorry to hear you received a poor quality set. Thanks for the HU! I'll keep my orders though and will return any bad sets. There always seem to be some that have poor quality. Unfortunately they don't QC every box. I'll be crossing my fingers.

Can you post a pic of the one with the misspelled word/s? It would seem that there would be a particular 'lot' of them with the same issue.

So far, the reviews have been a perfect 5 stars...too bad QC isn't as perfect {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Honored Contributor

Too bad to hear that they may have flaws... still, if they arrive without flaws, these look like sets that are in good taste and would surely be appreciated by the recipient. I am still waiting for more reviews and considering.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

On 8/15/2014 Susan Louise said:
On 8/15/2014 sillybugs said:

Sorry to hear you received a poor quality set. Thanks for the HU! I'll keep my orders though and will return any bad sets. There always seem to be some that have poor quality. Unfortunately they don't QC every box. I'll be crossing my fingers.

Can you post a pic of the one with the misspelled word/s? It would seem that there would be a particular 'lot' of them with the same issue.

So far, the reviews have been a perfect 5 stars...too bad QC isn't as perfect {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Just an update since my last post...

I went back and read a new review that was just posted...it was a 2-star rating. The reviewer mentioned there was one candle that had it's words upside-down!!! I can only guess it was from a 'harvest' set like yours. There was no mention about what set the reviewer purchased.

I wonder if ALL of the 'harvest' sets have the same issue, or they were done in batches of say...1,000, 5,000 or 10,000 each...and only one batch is bad...or if someone in the factory in China slept on the switch the entire time and EVERY harvest set has a dud! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

I hope other folks who read this thread will post here if they got a perfect 'harvest' set or not!!!

Respected Contributor

I have a large staff & for years I have always found the perfect gift to give them from QVC. Even though I decided on something else this year, these would be no exception & I came really close to ordering these. They look beautiful, simple but meaningful; no question a "big bang for the buck". SL, you were smart the order multiples. You can inspect & ensure good sets of which you can send back the poor quality issue ones. This is what I did with VPH's s/3 Gingerbread houses. I hope you get good ones from the get-go & don't have to return any!
Honored Contributor

On 8/15/2014 BornToShop said: I have a large staff & for years I have always found the perfect gift to give them from QVC. Even though I decided on something else this year, these would be no exception & I came really close to ordering these. They look beautiful, simple but meaningful; no question a "big bang for the buck". SL, you were smart the order multiples. You can inspect & ensure good sets of which you can send back the poor quality issue ones. This is what I did with VPH's s/3 Gingerbread houses. I hope you get good ones from the get-go & don't have to return any!

The only problem is I only ordered one set of the 'harvest'...which seems to be the set with the brown candle with the words that were printed upside-down. As I mentioned in my previous post...don't know what % of the 'harvest' sets are defective til others post here or add their reviews. I won't get my harvest set til Monday...