Regular Contributor

Home Reflections or VPH Gourds?

For those of you who already have the Home Reflections Pumpkins and/or Gourds (H197646), are you pleased?

The new ones offered by VPH are slightly smaller, but come in a set of two (H203733)

Both look nice, but wondered if quality is better with one or the other???

Valued Contributor

Re: Home Reflections or VPH Gourds?

I was going to ask the same thing. Was also wondering about the difference of light source..are they a bulb or a strand of mini lights? I missed the show this a.m., I'll check out the videos. Thanks

Valued Contributor

After viewing both videos, I see that they both have a single bulb, but it looks like the HR bulb has a random flicker and VPH's doesn't. Hard to tell, but that's what I see.

Respected Contributor

How ironic; I ordered the HR Gourd earlier this morning & now I see this post! I spent some time comparing the two options. The outstanding reviews, the more detailed stem plus the fact for me personally, the single solid light doesn't work for me so I went with the HR one. I'm now on the fence about getting the matching HR pumpkin.
Esteemed Contributor

I looked at all the various lighted items both HR and VPH because I think they are pretty cool. I had already ordered the ceramic pumpkin/gourd from HR along with some of the new VPH wax pumpkins.

I decided against ordering any more of the mercury glass items simply because the stems on the pumpkins I bought last year were very easy to break and with the cats, a sturdier version worked better for my needs.

Regular Contributor

On 8/12/2014 BornToShop said: How ironic; I ordered the HR Gourd earlier this morning & now I see this post! I spent some time comparing the two options. The outstanding reviews, the more detailed stem plus the fact for me personally, the single solid light doesn't work for me so I went with the HR one. I'm now on the fence about getting the matching HR pumpkin.

I had originally planned last week to get both the orange and chocolate HR gourds, but when I found out they wouldn't reduce s/h charges because they had separate item numbers, I cancelled the order. I too like the detailed stems better, but VPH's price for two gourds is hard to beat versus two of the HR gourds with extra s/h charges.

Once again the Q's ridiculous shipping charges killed an order...

Valued Contributor

I was wanting the HR gourd in choc. (on waitlist) then Val comes along with 2 at a cheaper price. Decisions, decisions! I do love the twisted stem on the HR one. Then there's the difference in the kind of batteries needed. Guess I'll wait for the reviews to come in on Val's. I'm stressing too much about these! {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Regular Contributor

CountryGal,

Does this help?

Valued Contributor

Thanks, StElmoQn, but no.{#emotions_dlg.lol} They're ALL so gorgeous! Hard to decide. I need to just "step away" for awhile and come back to them later. That usually helps me when I "stress out" about something. Thanks again.

Frequent Contributor

Hi everyone. I have the pumpkin and gourd from home reflections, ordered them both last year. They are absolutely stunning. Well worth the price. I set them on my kitchen table and honestly they are so bright they look like a night light that is left on. Best purchase in a long time and I am glad I put the money on them. Today I am ordering three more of the pumpkins, two Orange and one Brown and one Orange gourd because I was so pleased. I just don't have any luck with valeries battery items. I have several gingerbread villages and one white village and only a couple of houses still work. Sorry for my long post.