Honored Contributor

How have you dressed up your coffee table?

Right now i have a large flat bowl shaped like a sea shell in the middle of mine and then around it are a mermaid figurine about 10" tall, a conch shell i have had for many years that has a cameo carved into it, and a few other real shells. The bowl is aqua in color and the mermaid is white - the rest all natural colors. I like that the bowl is a shot of color in a room that is beige & white with burgundy furniture. I have pictures on the wall above the couch that have aqua frames and the dish mimics that color. I would never have picked those colors (burgundy & aqua) together but, in fact, they look nice in person.

Honored Contributor

Re: How have you dressed up your coffee table?

I did away with a coffee table and have an ottoman instead. I miss it, but it's one less spot for clutter. The end tables just have table lamps.

Super Contributor

I have several brass candlesticks in different sizes, holding different shades of aqua candles.

Honored Contributor

I have a large suede ottoman and not a coffee table. In the middle, I put a tray with a large orchid plant in a ceramic pot with a band of copper and turquoise. I also have a flameless candle in a decorative holder - it has twigs and bird on it.

Respected Contributor

I eliminated my coffee table years ago. I live in a small house and rarely entertain.
Honored Contributor

My coffee table is very small but has fold down sides I use when i have company to put out treats.

Frequent Contributor

I have a rather small living room so I have a small coffee table done in a shabby chic look. I have a beautiful summer arrangement I try to keep on it. My 4 yr. Old grand daughter however has other decorating ideas. As does the 6 yr. Old. They go about the house adding things they like better!! When they go home I put ""my"" touch back..
Honored Contributor

I don't care for coffee tables and do not use them!

Honored Contributor

My coffee table is a hand oil rubbed natural slab of solid walnut, very natural, done by an artist in New Hope, Pa. It's so beautiful that I don't adorn it except now it has a small stack of Southwestern jewelry books on it.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I have a coffee table that has 2 large drawers thai i keep magazines in one drawer and the other has pens, pencils and note books as well as my remotes. I keep a stack of books on a fairly large tray with a couple birds. One is sitting on the stack of books and the other birds is sitting on the tray. I love coffee tables that are decorative as well as providing storage.