Regular Contributor

Ottomans With Casters On Legs

Hi Everyone,

I've been shopping around for a new ottoman...It will go in front of the couch in our living room....I finally found one that is exactly the style and size I've been looking for....The only thing that is holding me back from buying it is that it has casters on the legs and that feature is just throwing me off....looks somewhat strange to me and I'm concerned that it might take away from the overall look of the ottoman.

The store didn't have this exact ottoman on the floor, so I am going by the picture...I have gone through this store before and the quality of their furniture is excellent and they are having a great sale which ends tomorrow.

Just thought I would get your personal opinions and feelings on this type of look....Just got home, so will be logging out for dinner and will check back in later on.

Thanks so much for any replies!

Honored Contributor

Re: Ottomans With Casters On Legs

You can always remove them and get finials that screw in to attach instead.

Super Contributor

I would think that the casters would make it easier to get the ottoman in just the right spot to stretch your legs and get comfy!!

~~66 and owned by cats and dogs.~~
Regular Contributor

On 8/1/2014 lolakimono said:

You can always remove them and get finials that screw in to attach instead.

Hi lolakimono....The Sales Rep. checked with the manufacturer and the casters are not removable....so they must be permanently attached to the legs...not just screwed in...I would think that the manufacturer would give consumers the choice of whether they want the casters or not....Also, the manufacturer stated that they would make legs without the casters, but it would be an additional charge of $135 per leg which is ridiculous!

Regular Contributor

On 8/1/2014 gailchap said:

I would think that the casters would make it easier to get the ottoman in just the right spot to stretch your legs and get comfy!!

Hi gailchap....Yes, it definitely would be more convenient to move and readjust and also when vacuuming, but I'm just not sure about the look....I'm not used to seeing casters on living room furniture, so it looked somewhat odd to me....I'm also trying to tell myself that they aren't really going to be all that noticeable and will probably just blend in.

Respected Contributor

I wish mine had casters on the legs. I think they are an asset.

Regular Contributor

On 8/1/2014 bigsister said:

Keep telling me that, bigsister...lol...I love the ottoman!...So you don't think that casters would take away from the ottoman and look somewhat odd?...In my search, I did see a couple with casters and they looked okay....just a different look that I have not seen before.

Respected Contributor

On 8/1/2014 Me And My Shadow said:

Keep telling me that, bigsister...lol...I love the ottoman!...So you don't think that casters would take away from the ottoman and look somewhat odd?...In my search, I did see a couple with casters and they looked okay....just a different look that I have not seen before.

Me and My Shadow, I don't think that casters would take away from the ottoman and look odd. You love the ottoman, so I say buy it. I have two oversized ottomans in my home and one rolls easily and makes it easy to move from site to site.

Regular Contributor

<br />

Me and My Shadow, I don't think that casters would take away from the ottoman and look odd. You love the ottoman, so I say buy it. I have two oversized ottomans in my home and one rolls easily and makes it easy to move from site to site.

So you have casters on one of yours?....Does your ottoman have a skirt?....Mine doesn't...I prefer a more open look, so the legs will show and I just need to be assured that the casters blend in and don't take away from the look of the legs....You are doing a good job!...LOL

Respected Contributor

Yes, my ottoman with casters does have a skirt. Once you have the ottoman in your home I doubt you will be bothered by the casters. No one will notice.

If you HATE it, can you return it?