Respected Contributor

Come On QVC- Where's the Quality???

I've posted on this board recently about my defective & wrong items sent.

*all 3 sequin tree's were VERY crooked- sent back

*the "M" on the MERRY VPH block letters won't stand by iteself

*I ordered gold glitter ball ornaments, & they shipped silver

*last night I received another Luminara glitter candle- the bottom is uneven, so it sits at an angle.

If I were new to QVC, I would never come back. I'd think they specialized in low quality merchandise. Come on Q, this is ridiculous!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Come On QVC- Where's the Quality???

Not only quality gone, but they give nothing to faithful customers. HSN, will give Kash credit when you buy certain products and flex pay all the time, and more if you use your HSN card.

I think QVC is sending out returns on some of the ire advance sales. I got the duo Jm BB and it sure felt like it, could be wrong. They are not the same Q IMO as twenty or ten years ago.

Frequent Contributor

Exactly the reason I no longer buy home décor items for the holidays from the Q - unless it's from a quality company like Lenox. The last few Q brand items I received were of low quality.... and since I get charged to ship back returns, I just don't buy any more......

Super Contributor

All this stuff comes from China. I recently went to a store I really liked for their unique items and outside in the parking lot was stacked numerous boxes marked made in China. If you like low cost, decorative items made in China try Terry's Village. I think they would have better quality control.

Regular Contributor

I have given up on buying anything from QVC anymore. I shop on HSN all the time, they give free shipping and coupons all the time. ShopHQ I shop for SKINN products. QVC offers NO quality anymore. The last 5 items I bought had to be returned so I said, that's it, im done. Bunch of garbage and their prices are going higher and higher, I guess im paying for all the shows from Italy and the Hamptons and the red carpet. Ridiculous!

Trusted Contributor

Most of Valerie's things look too much like cheap trinkets. I avoid those like the plague!

Respected Contributor

The quality is in the ocean between here and China! It fell overboard.

Respected Contributor

I agree about HSN. They beat out QVC in almost every way. They ship FAST, credit any returns FAST,& reward shoppers with coupons, event pricing & LOTS of free ship.

I don't buy that often from them, but I think I'll see what they offer more frequently. I've gotten some EXCELLENT items from them at really good prices.

My HSN outdoor solar lights with ground stakes are excellent quality. They've been working perfectly for 3 years now, & light up with very little sun. They have a color changing mode....so bright & pretty. I got these at event pricing + free ship. I bought a different brand at the Q before that, & they too were defective.

HSN's CS has improved tremendously, too....no complaints.

I just received HSN'S "Winter Lane" set of 3 sphere's in purple (gift for niece). They're like VPH, but they don't twinkle & they use AA batteries. I tested them for a week, & they work fine. They were on sale, + I had a coupon. I got them for about $29.00. They look almost identical to VPH's.

Respected Contributor

On 7/31/2014 di-mc said:

The quality is in the ocean between here and China! It fell overboard.

I'm not sure it ever made it on the boat!

Esteemed Contributor

Gosh, I feel lucky that 3 of my 4 CIJ purchases are great. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

They really do need to work on quality control and maybe find some new suppliers in some cases. So sorry that some of you have received so much bad merchandise. I have received my fair share, but it's been stretched out over time, not all at once!

Thank goodness for Q's policy to reimburse shipping both ways for defective items.