Honored Contributor

Candle Impressions Frosted Glass Flameless Candle Holder

Does anyone have this yet? (H198020)

I have been thinking about getting the red one. I wish it was black though and thought about painting it...

I was wondering if the glass panel was removable...anyone know?

Honored Contributor

Re: Candle Impressions Frosted Glass Flameless Candle Holder

Don't know for sure, but the picture sure looks like you could pop it out.

Honored Contributor

On 7/30/2014 graycatsrule said:

Don't know for sure, but the picture sure looks like you could pop it out.

Hi GCR, I'm hoping so...just need to make sure. The color red just seems odd for that scene. To me, I think it would look better with black or a dark forest green...

Esteemed Contributor

SL, I remember that some of our posting friends bought this item in previous years. Maybe they will see your question.

Honored Contributor

On 7/30/2014 SHOPR said:

SL, I remember that some of our posting friends bought this item in previous years. Maybe they will see your question.

Hi SHOPR, That would be great!

I just watched part of the video, and at the 1:16 mark I stopped it. There seems to be pins that are slid through holes on the backside to secure the glass. Have you see that before on anything else?

Then in some parts of the video it seems like the outline of the scene is far enough away from the glass that I can slide a piece of paper behind it, tape it in place and protect the glass as I paint if I can't remove the glass.

Hmmmmm...

Trusted Contributor

Hi Susan Louise,

I have the red one and also the snowman (white) Just checked the red (moose) and it does have the clips on the back of the frame. There are 4 clips on the back but one of mine is broken. I pushed on the glass from the front (very hard push) and the glass doesn't give an inch so I am thinking that it may be glued into the frame. Also would be afraid that the clips would break if you try to bend them back to get the glass out.

You might be able to cut a round piece of heavy paper and slid it in behind the trees and the moose but the trees are hooked on the side of the frame so the circle would have to be the same size when you put it in and no place to tape it down tight.

This isn't a bright red, SL. To me it is a deeper red, more like a burgundy. I really like it and prefer it over the snowman but I do leave the moose out all year. I have given several red ones as gifts also.

Hope this helps with your decision

JPC

Valued Contributor

I got the red one 2 years ago and I really like it. The red is more burgundy than fire engine red. It is buried in the attic so I cannot say about popping out the glass. But the moose and tree are nice to look at all winter. It is a nice piece.

Contributor

I have the dark red moose one too! Waited a long time to get it, as it was on waitlist for a long time. I love moose, so had to have it.

Like JPC stated there are very small clips on the back of the frosted glass, but I am sure they would break if you pulled on them. The trees on the sides are attached to the frame, so it would be hard to put paper behind them to cover the glass. There is room between the moose and the inner portions of the trees where you could cover the glass with paper or something to paint though.

You also could take an artist brush and paint it if you prefer to have it green or black.

I also keep mine out all year!