Trusted Contributor

Valerie's Defective Products

Has anyone else had the experience that Valerie's products that require batteries, contain lights, and are on timers don't work most of the time? I really enjoy the look of her products, but I feel cheated, because most of the products I order from her end up being returned. It wouldn't be so frustrating if the products were able to be replaced (stock is often sold out) or if it didn't take so long to get my money back from QVC. So far, I have received 2 out of 3 defective products from my Christmas In July purchases (Sparkle spheres and Acrylic Finials). I'll update when I receive my crackle spheres which shipped today. Anyone else have this issue? It seems QVC has no quality control. I'm starting to feel distrustful of Valerie and QVC.
Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie's Defective Products

First, welcome to the forums! I don't think it's just Valerie. I think sometimes the quality control is just not there. But speaking of Valerie, I ordered two lighted fountains that were OTO's recently. One was perfect and is still working well. The other leaked all over the floor. So I sent the one back. Of course the color I got is gone, and if I want it when it DOES come back in stock, I will be paying a higher price.

Some people seem to have better luck than others. I've kind of resigned myself to the fact that not everything I order will work or fit properly. Sometimes I'm disappointed; sometimes it's in stock and they just replace it.

Last year I pre-ordered an Isaac TSV bag because we were going to be gone when it would be the TSV. It had not been presented yet. When I got it, it was an obvious return with a huge scratch across the front and a zipper that didn't work! I couldn't believe the TSV hadn't even been presented and they sent me a RETURN! {#emotions_dlg.mad}

You're definitely not the only one to experience this!

Trusted Contributor

I've bought two sets of her glitter balls and some candles, and I haven't had any issues so far (knock on wood).

I would feel the same as the OP about any merchandise that I ordered that doesn't work properly - very frustrating, I'm sure!

Trusted Contributor

I purchased her flameless candle in the lotus flower base and immediately put in batteries and set it on timer mode. It has been working perfectly ever since. The flameless candles I have purchased from her line have actually been very reliable but......I have noticed a decline in the quality of some of her other products. I compare her newer items to ones I bought a few years back and there is definitely something lacking. Too bad, really ~ so many of her things are very cute!

Honored Contributor

It seems that if one wants anything from Valerie's line or the Temp-tations line, you almost have to order two or more of the same item and hope when they arrive, that you can put together one complete working set out of the bunch. It is ridiculous to have to do such things, but as OP mentioned, by the time you receive the items and see they are defective/damaged, the product is gone.

And rather than start a new topic, just what the heck is up with both of these lines bringing in 1200 of this or 1800 of that. I get so mad when they are presenting something for the first time, and they are down to final quantities in less than two minutes. This stuff is mass produced in China for heavens sake. They could bring tens of thousands if they wanted to. Are they trying to control the supply, create a frenzy to sell what might not sell if people thought they had some time to think about it or what? It gets really frustrating. They know the kinds of things that are going to be hot, and for some reason, refuse to bring in a quantity that is reasonable. Perhaps they know much of it will be returned, and are trying to keep the return rate down. I just don't know.

Honored Contributor

...posts like this confuse me. If you really have problems with Valerie's items, according to you, significant quality problems. Why do you continue buying her merchandise ???? I don't understand that at all.

Super Contributor

Yes. I had bought a Christmas village a few years ago, very poor quality battery cases and timers, most of the pieces either didn't work right out of the box or quit working in a week or so.

Respected Contributor

I've had pretty good luck with Valerie's items, but very bad luck with Bethlehem Lights. I've yet to buy an item from Bethlehem Lights that worked for very long, so I no longer buy anything from that brand even when they have exactly what I want. I'm just happy that QVC takes back defective items with no cost to me other than the trip to the post office.

Trusted Contributor

Quality control used to be so much better in the past...defective items are just not limited to Valerie's things.

Although, a few years ago, we had the famous or infamous exploding pumpkins. LOL

Mine exploded on my coffee table. QVC was very quick to recall them and issue credits.

Honored Contributor

I stopped purchasing from this line for a few years because what I received was never the same quality as what was shown on air. In the last year I have bought several sets of the spheres, and they are all excellent quality, but I do not put them outside. I am less likely to make purchases because of my experience with this line.