Frequent Contributor

Mercury Glass Square Pedestals by Valerie

I received these today--not quite sure what I think about them yet. They are LARGE--larger than I thought from seeing them presented on TV. The base for the candle is 5" across. {#emotions_dlg.scared} That's a mighty big candle!

Don't think I personally would use them together.

I don't have any C batteries yet to try them out in terms of illumination---I did notice in the description that it says "mercury glass construction." I believe that they are plastic, not glass. I have the mercury glass mason jars--which I adore!--they are definitely glass.

Anyone else order these? Your thoughts???

Honored Contributor

Re: Mercury Glass Square Pedestals by Valerie

Many people think they are plastic, but I guarantee you if you drop it it will break because it is glass. I havn't received mine yet, but am glad to hear they have a large base as most are the typical 3."

Honored Contributor

I heard Valerie say these would be good to put the spheres on, so I assumed they were large. What color did you get?
Honored Contributor

On 7/25/2014 Tissyanne said: I heard Valerie say these would be good to put the spheres on, so I assumed they were large. What color did you get?

I cancelled the green and red, so am expecting the chocolate, more versatile. I have a lot of red already, though now that I know they have a larger base, if they come back, I may order the red.

Honored Contributor

My mom received her silver ones, and they are very large, and very beautiful. My brown and gold ones haven't arrived yet, but can't wait to get them. I was hoping to set my mercury glass pumpkins on them, and then I'm not sure what else I am going to use them for yet.

And they are glass. The mercury glass items often feel like plastic, because they are so thin and something about the "paint" gives them a feel that is not exactly "glass like".

Esteemed Contributor

If these are the ones I am thinking of, I passed because they are the same height. I would have preferred one a bit taller than the other in case they were used together. They looked nice on TV with the spheres.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Does anyone have the item # for these? I waited too long to order and I believe they're sold out. I'm hoping they come back in the Gold.

Contributor

The item number is H203310, I got the silver, big and beautiful.

Contributor

I ordered them last Sat havent received them yet but im using them for Valerie's Globes that have the light inside them an im going to put them by my fireplace. I have them in lots of colors so i want them to be displayed in different heights. I did receive yesterday the small globes that you can syick in the yard an there quite nice but i wish she would do more colors i settled for the peridot green color.

Honored Contributor

I ordered the chocolate before the shows, then canceled after I saw them. They are really nice and can hold a larger candle. I was looking for them to hold a regular width candle. I have some that are very similar, but they don't light. If you like the look and don't mind they don't light, they have them on the pottery barn website for $15.50 each with free shipping. I have 2 small and 2 medium. They haven't gotten much use because they need something wide on them.