Honored Contributor

Need a new vacuum cleaner-recommendations?

We have two, one for each floor, and one of them has died so we need to replace it. I'd appreciate any recommendations. I'm not really interested in spending the money for a Dyson.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: Need a new vacuum cleaner-recommendations?

My favorite brand is Shark. I have two different models and love them both. I don't believe that they have a model that is less then outstanding. And, of course, they're not nearly the price nor the weight of a Dyson.

Honored Contributor

On 7/25/2014 Krimpette said:

My favorite brand is Shark. I have two different models and love them both. I don't believe that they have a model that is less then outstanding. And, of course, they're not nearly the price nor the weight of a Dyson.

Thanks. I've spent the last few minutes looking at the Shark's on Target's site to see which are carried in stores and also took a look at the "while supplies last" one that QVC has. I'd prefer to buy locally in case something's wrong with it I won't have to ship it back.

Esteemed Contributor

My Miele is over 13 years old. I have it serviced at least once a year for about $25-$30.00.

Honored Contributor

On 7/25/2014 queendiva said:

My Miele is over 13 years old. I have it serviced at least once a year for about $25-$30.00.

We got a steal of a deal on one of these and love it. It is SOOOOO quiet!

Regular Contributor

I have a Sebo upright that's about 15 yrs. old. They're kinda pricey & a bit heavy but great vacuums. I got a good deal on a floor model.

I just recently purchased a Shark at Sam's Club and it also came with a steam cleaner. They both work great and this one was under $250.

eta:It's the Shark Rotator Professional Lift Away.

Valued Contributor

I know I've grown to be lazier as I get older, but I adore my Neatos.. I have one upstairs and one downstairs and they are wonderful!

Valued Contributor

We have a Dyson that we purchased about 3 years ago and we love it. Well, we love it about as much as one can love a vacuum.{#emotions_dlg.laugh} The only reason we purchased is that we had received a GC to Lowes, if I remember correctly, and the leftover amount was doable at the time. Prior to the Dyson we literally bought a new vacuum every year and a half (maybe shorter) b/c we never wanted to spend the $$ on a better model. We have children, pets, etc., and live in an old home which seems to create dust by the second and it was a great investment.

Trusted Contributor

Shark Rotator Lift-Away. Better than the two Dyson's we had....more power, more suction, lighter weight, less money.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone. We went out about an hour ago and bought a Shark Navigator Lift Away.